Thread: Anyone fly fish for carp?

Frequent User

Default Anyone fly fish for carp?

hi

wondered if anyone ditched the bivvy and had a day roaming lakes with a fly rod instead? not much info about it in here but im sure some do it.
    its become my favourite form of fishing, is great!
    dont know if this breaches any rules, cant see anything but im sure itll be removed if needed (appologies if so).... a new forum carponfly.co.uk is for anyone either interested in catching them with a fly rod, already do it or just want to pop in to say hello, maybe carp care advice etc etc.
    be great to see a few more people in there

thanks

if the link is discouraged, feel free to talk about it here instead/as well as

90% . . . . . . . .... . Bait:............... 9% . . . . . . . . . . Luck:............. 1%

Thanks mic, just up my street, love taking Carp on the fly!

Signing up to the forum now.
    Make Bait...
    Not War...

Consider me in. I love it - and catch an awful lot of fish this way. Never seen anyone else on my local lakes doing it either,

VS
    They know us, we know them.

You're a lucky boy VS - make the most of it as it's starting to get seriously popular.

The carponfly site is looking really promising. Well worth a visit.
    I started out with nothing.... And I've still got most of it left!

Its very enjoyable, Im not sure why more people dont fish for carp on the fly. I find it more effective and fun than surface fishing with a floater. Obviously you're restricted in range - but its amazing how many times you can tether the fly right in front of their nose, they change direction, you can whip it out and feather it down again, and they never spook. Really enjoy picking out the bigger fish this way too.

Started using the nash zig bug thingy's last year, did very well indeed!

VS
    They know us, we know them.

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSalmon View Post
    Its very enjoyable, Im not sure why more people dont fish for carp on the fly. I find it more effective and fun than surface fishing with a floater. Obviously you're restricted in range - but its amazing how many times you can tether the fly right in front of their nose, they change direction, you can whip it out and feather it down again, and they never spook. Really enjoy picking out the bigger fish this way too.

Started using the nash zig bug thingy's last year, did very well indeed!

VS
    Is certainly getting better weather for it too

Have seen them Nash bugs, might have to try them

managed to finally bag a few on the fly last year - we stalk them and hook them on crayfish imitations dragging them across the bottom - wonderful sight fishing We have a very short window in the spot we head out to (about 2 weeks) but it's the most exciting time of the year for sure - we are able to wade shallow lagoons and stalk them as they come into the warmer water pre spawning. Have seen them caught to low 40's so far.