Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll - ads

Yes

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by msc 63 View Post
    Looks like Carpy & the kiddie forum might be getting an unexpected influx of new members !!
    Come over to the dark side

So how much per member would it cost if we had to pay???
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by BAITY View Post
    Come over to the dark side
    Already there mate
    52% er !!

"During times of Universal deceit, telling the Truth becomes a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

With the ads taking up so much space I won't be bothering to come back. It's not a good user experience although I understand the rationale for the ads.
    Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange that meeting.

Site Regular

On my phone, which Is all I ever use to go on here there are 6 adverts on the right hand side taking up nearly half the screen.

3 of those adverts are the anglers forum social media pages so why can't you get rid of these and put the adverts elsewhere?

It's not a problem having them as such but perhaps think about the lay out a bit better.

You may need money, I think everyone understands that but I for one will not be using the forum until they have been sorted out and I highly doubt I'm on my own here.

You won't get much money from advertising if there is a sharp decrease is how many members you have, I'm sure the company's have a way of seeing member activity and won't bother paying you when they see no one is using the forum.
    R.V.L.F

ok so you need the ads to cover costs fair enough , and they dictate how big fair enough but do they have to be positioned where they are ? why cant they be across the top or bottom of the page ??

Would have been nice if we were asked prior to the ads what our thoughts were !
    52% er !!

"During times of Universal deceit, telling the Truth becomes a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

Would have been nice if we were asked prior to the ads what our thoughts were !
    Be honest. What difference would it have made if we had asked? Can we please put adverts on our site to cover the costs we inure?? Please? NO!!
    Gareth
    Technical Administrator

the ads are winding me up, thought the amount of flesh on show may compensate this!
    from the skool of hard knocks and the university of life

The black forum (carp-forums.com) has got plenty of subtle advertisements that only take up the top right hand corner. There is/was also an area for traders to advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by simon_b View Post
    ok so you need the ads to cover costs fair enough , and they dictate how big fair enough but do they have to be positioned where they are ? why cant they be across the top or bottom of the page ??
    Simon and Harry. Thanks. Some sensible feedback. Obviously having these ads is as new to us as they are to everyone and obviously we're not purposely setting out to upset everyone. Positive feedback like this will help us consider moving the ads or doing something that will ensure everyone is happy. Spitting dummy's on the other hand simply won't work, you simply sound like spoilt teenagers.....line he Harry Enfield character 'Kevin' ... It's not fair!
    Gareth
    Technical Administrator

well ive got to be honest , i may not have a massive input on this forum but i do like to pop in and have a nose about , however im currently sat in my front room with my wife and kids and this is what is advertised

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Be honest. What difference would it have made if we had asked? Can we please put adverts on our site to cover the costs we inure?? Please? NO!!
    Thought the Forum was run for its members no members no Forum ?
    Have no idea what it costs to run what amount are we talking about ?

Can't we just tranfer the entire membership over to Stoneys & carry on as usual ?
    52% er !!

George Orwell

Simon and Harry. Thanks. Some sensible feedback. Obviously having these ads is as new to us as they are to everyone and obviously we're not purposely setting out to upset everyone. Positive feedback like this will help us consider moving the ads or doing something that will ensure everyone is happy. Spitting dummy's on the other hand simply won't work, you simply sound like spoilt teenagers.....line he Harry Enfield character 'Kevin' ... It's not fair!
    I will make the assumption that this is directed at me Gareth

So basically your accusing us of being kids because we dont agree with what you have done.....that is adult of you
    It aint the size of your rod, its how you dangle it in the water !

Thought the Forum was run for its members no members no Forum ?
    The forum is run for its members. The forum hasn't gone, it's simply had 3 adverts added.
    Gareth
    Technical Administrator

The forum is run for its members. The forum hasn't gone, it's simply had 3 adverts added.

So woudnt it be wise to Listen to them for once ?
    Which take up a3rd of the screen ! Would you watch a movie if a 3rd of the screen was adverts ? I think not
    52% er !!

George Orwell

Maybe consulting the forum members or advanced warning may have not have resulted in the teenage comments?

What do the regular banner advertisers think, eg Sandhurst, Carpin on, freebird, cc moore etc think? I presume they pay for the privilege, their ads are cut in half on my tablet
    I dont know ANY forum that is cut in half with adverts,
    Admin surely its a mistake as to how it is set up currently?

Just trying to think where else in life I get something for free and am consulted about it first, struggling for an answer.
    I apologise for not first asking everyone's permission, but come on, would the outcome be any different?
    I've tried to answer everyone openly and honestly but all I get is silly comments by people who think I owe them something. I don't! Come up with valid solutions snd I'll listen. Come up with positive feedback and I'll listen...but no one likes s moaner, particularly when they are paying for the pleasure!!
    Gareth
    Technical Administrator