Thread: Drones

Site Regular

Default Drones

Donít know if this has been done to death already but it seems more and more people are using drones on lakes.
    Whatís peopleís views on them?
    Please donít disagree with them just because itís new or for the sake of it, we are not exactly all still using split cane rods are we?
    Would love to know peoples opinions and there reasons

Cheers

I think they're intrusive and inconsiderate to other anglers.
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Site Regular

How ?

Do you have to ask? OK, I go fishing to escape, I don't really want someone buzzing over me with an aerial camera, I'd rather see birds flying. I doubt I'm a competent enough shot with a catapult but I'd give it a go.
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Site Regular

mate, u have a very high opinion of your self, I doubt people would be interested in filming you!

If people used them like a boat ( keeping to there own water ) I think it would be great

Site Regular

Havent got one
    Dont intend to get one but i couldnt care less as long as it doesnt drop into my water where im fishing

Just more crap to carry from what i can see
    I did watch a video and they used it to find the fish to good effect but nah im out

Frequent User

I have a drone a reasonable one, DJI Phantom, but would never consider using it over a lake with other people fishing , it would annoy me no end so im sure it would annoy others.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Andy. Kindly **** off there's a good numpty.

John Maynard Keynes

Site Connoisseur

I was in South Africa before Xmas fishing along the garden route from Cape Town to Port Eliz and stopped in a stunning place called Knysna for a few nights. I went down the local tackle shop for a chat and got talking to a couple of lads that were going sharking from the beach that night, so kinda invited myself along as you do! Those lads were using big drones with GPS on flying out 3/4lb bonito dead baits. Worked a treat we had 4 ragged tooth up to about 150lb. As with new technology, in certain circumstances it's invaluable. If you need a drone to catch a carp crack on.
    Last edited by munich2012; 08-03-2019 at 13:52. Reason: Spelling