Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Anglers Forum

Basically mate....

1....carry on with your own fishing
    2.....lots of people who go fishing for carp never caught a gudgeon..or a carp.
    3.....carpings gone sad these days..exactly like the trout fishing of old...feed em up..people go catch the fat over fed things and stick a sponsored bobblehat on..yes....that one..and then say i just nearly broke the carp record...
    4.....fish for yourself....not for others. Like most on here. Enjoy
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Quote Originally Posted by f15hie View Post
    Unfortunately to use Facebook i have my privacy settings so high its not worth joining fishing topics, and to be honest I wouldn't trust Facebook with anything. Zuckerberg talks a good story about his privacy but doesn't protect the general public its all just talk!
    ZUCKERBERG is a grubby little, money grabbing whore. Facebook is a plague yet most dont see that.
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    ZUCKERBERG is a grubby little, money grabbing whore. Facebook is a plague yet most dont see that.
    there used to be a few of us on here, who work in IT. Facebook is a virus (or a plague... as you note), the sooner it's broken up the better. It's trying to be a layer on the internet, behaving like a free-ads rag that's being exploited by all and sundry and people believe the crap that they get served. Look at the app now, it's a market place, messaging, personal webpage, company webpages, their next target is Youtube. ... If I didn't have to use it for work, I'd be off it. I have an Instagram account, Whatsapp for work, but slowly killing the whatsapp.

People in power who are supposed to regulate this, just can't (or likely don't want to) see how big this is of an issue.

I’ve just found out I could log back in! A lot of issues a couple of years ago and I thought it had disappeared.
    Lots of love

Rob x

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    there used to be a few of us on here, who work in IT. Facebook is a virus (or a plague... as you note), the sooner it's broken up the better. It's trying to be a layer on the internet, behaving like a free-ads rag that's being exploited by all and sundry and people believe the crap that they get served. Look at the app now, it's a market place, messaging, personal webpage, company webpages, their next target is Youtube. ... If I didn't have to use it for work, I'd be off it. I have an Instagram account, Whatsapp for work, but slowly killing the whatsapp.

People in power who are supposed to regulate this, just can't (or likely don't want to) see how big this is of an issue.
    In a nutshell, at least someone's got their eyes open.

I’ve just logged in on my phone and it says not secure? Does that mean my email account is currently being raped?
    I do miss this place tho

Sad to see how quiet it is on here nowadays.
    Used to be able to spend hours having a laugh and arguments a plenty!
    I'll keep popping back
    Fisherman, Metal Detectorist, Stud

Site Regular

Wow WTF is going on here then? Not been on here for a few years!

Frequent User

Its not just here , most forums are slowing down ,Black forum is gone (so sad) , it really is the likes of facebook that is killing forums ,

So much easier for the wanabees to post pics of their latest capture and assume everyone thinks they are so skilful on facebook.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Yeah...banger..buzzin...old warrior....mint fish...cast in the pond...alarm melted..i mean it melted off..this is the rig i caught that banger on...lets look at my spod mix....black as your hat....

Just in case you arent up with the word on the street or ppnd shall i say these days ....

Ffs...
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Site Regular

Hahahahaha I’m glad I’m not on social media

Beginner Member

Unfortunately forums need fresh input and like the mags, they're mostly recycling older material. Social media should be termed anti social media as its killing the art of debate and conversations and condensing it into tweet style posting.
    Bit like what I've just done really.