Thread: Looking for 9 or 10 ft rod

Frequent User

Default Looking for 9 or 10 ft rod

As per title looking for a decent small rod for my local water, have narrowed it down to Wychwood Extricator, Wychwood Riot or Sonik Vader X, anybody got experience or preference of these or others?

Free spirit 10ft bank creeper, imo a lovely rod

i got a set of the wychwood riots in 2 3/4 tc a month or so ago and although I have only used them once I was amazed at the quality and just how good they were for such little money

Have a look at the NGT stalkers at Go Outdoors.
    I've got the 8ft ones and have landed fish to 28 on them no problem. I don't see the point in spending a lot of money on any rods except distance rods. Unless money's no object of course.
    The four things I will never understand are; Fish, women and mathematics.

Same here, have landed fish toto mid thirties on the NGT intrepid, which cost me fifty quid for three!

Site Connoisseur

Had a pair of Greys stalkers which I was happy with... until I had Kev Baines build me some 9' 3 piece stalkers. Like going from using a sledgehammer to using a scalpel - beautiful rod to use and has been more than man enough to stop big fish in ultra snaggy conditions so far on my European adventure. Give him a call at the Anglers Workshop.

Wychwood Extricators are cracking little 9 footers, i have the cork handle model and use them for my canal fishing as i move around quite a bit, a lot of rod for the money and won't break the bank.

the new estricator plus looks very very nice if a little pricey
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Elite (Bronze)

I have just got come 10ft Tackle Box CF-X. A bit more than the rods you mention but probably a step up in blank quality and fittings. I also own an NGT 9 ft 2.5lb rod and thatís very good for the money and fits in the boot without putting the seats down, also fits in the roof box👍