Thread: R.I.P Rod hutchinson

Default R.I.P Rod hutchinson

Just heard the news.

Will leave a big hole in carp fishing that only he could fill.

Sad news and a massive loss to not only his family and friends but angling as well - a true legend who inspired so many!
    Partridge of Redditch - the DNA of hooks!

Very sad news, thoughts go to family and friends, the word legend is banded about alot in carp fishing but in Rods case he truly was, rip

For many of my generation Rod was simply the most influential angler and the main reason we got into carp fishing. R.I.P.
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Wow thoughts to his family and friends. Tight lines.

Site Regular

Have read so may of his books that I feel like I knew him, As has been said Rod was most iconic angler of my generation, Thought to his family and friends

Rod taught me the importance of drinking alcohol while fishing. Probably while I never catch anything. Rest in peace you absolute legend.
    The four things I will never understand are; Fish, women and mathematics.

Site Regular

Catchum on the big ponds Rod,So glad we met back then,Respect man...Thanks for the knowledge you spread..And the Scopex ? ever ones winking..

A true Legend,and one of my few Hero's..

Steve....

Beginner Member

Reading rods early articles and first books p a massive part in fuelling my addiction to carp that has lasted for 35 years so far minus a few gaps and lay offs along the way. It's down to him and a few other early writers that I have a pastime I still love even in these much changed days. There was always great tales, intrigue, success, failures and humour that painted a better picture than a thousand YouTube vids.

When books were few and far between the carp strikes back stood alone as the best ever read, comedy, knowledge and stories a plenty. Rod was the gifted gentlemen, he gave so many laughs to others, one slide show in wallington had us in tears. There will never be another bounty hunter with the same talent and humour. Rest in peace big fella
    We love you, we love you, we love you
    And where you go we follow, we follow, we follow,
    Cause we support the The Palace, The Palace, The Palace
    and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it

The famous Alan Mullery went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said....................