Thread: Carp talk magazine to end

Default Carp talk magazine to end

I see on f/book theve announced their stopping production

about time !

Aint bought it 15 years anyway !

Its all faceache..insta****...and twatter these days....
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

still sending me emails for subscription though!

Carp fishing is more popular than ever and the mags are all slowing dying, even one like carp talk that has no real competitor.

Makes me wonder if carp fishing really is that popular.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    Carp fishing is more popular than ever and the mags are all slowing dying, even one like carp talk that has no real competitor.

No real competitor? The internet is the competitor that's killed it; why would you pay a couple of quid a week when following a few of the major companies on facebook will get you news of captures within a few hours in most cases. Same goes for things like reports on lakes - if I want to know what's been caught at a day ticket lake, they'll almost certainly have all the recent captures on the net somewhere.

Back in the ninties/early 2000s, CT was the one place you'd see news reports, now there available free, and quicker. Plus, the last few times I've bought a copy, there've been a couple of articles, almost exclusively thinly veiled plugs for tackle companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post

Carp talk years ago was the mag to buy...simply for the info on captures.i liked to read about certain fish from along the valley and also the fish themselves that swam in such waters. All use to be covered well in the early years of ct. Used to buy it religiously as im sure others did. I threw all mine out a couple of years ago now.bfound some that i had had from around 2005 and before.used to be well worth it. Especially in the earlier years.some superb reports of fish being caught tbh and ones that people wanted to read about.
    Nowadays.....its all on the net.simple as that really. Facebook...twitter...instagram...you name it..its there. Dont need to buy a mag to read about it...just look on facebook etc and you can watch these fish nowadays get weighed while you are sitting at work !
    Carping these days is a different ball game. I dont like a lot of it myself as its just not my cup of tea with all these people re inventing the hook etc etc.
    All the mags will eventually go online....it will happen no doubt.

The only thing i cant work out is this......

What are mags gonna write about in the future.....theres only so many thousands of times you can read how a person mixes his spod mix and ties a choddy...
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post

What are mags gonna write about in the future.....theres only so many thousands of times you can read how a person mixes his spod mix and ties a choddy...

how to tie a pva bag

Elite (Bronze)

Years ago it was worth reading/buying magazines to glean info that was needed to put into your own angling, as carp were quite hard to catch and a worthwhile prize to have as an angler.

Nowadays, carp are very very easy to catch, lakes with big ones in are very very easy to join, and information is very very easy to come by.

Elite (Bronze)

It could be that the thing that originally attracted people to fish for carp (pre-millennium at any rate) is why so many have moved on to other things. Make something too easy or readily available and you destroy the essence of what made it attractive in the first place. Fishing for carp may be more popular than ever, but carp fishing is in decline.