Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it that hard to zero your scales ?

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    haha....silence speaks volumes...

you have to have a good memory to remember the lies...yo can normally tell when you are being lied to about a certain weight of a fish,because first line of attack is defence.
    but....let em get on with it i reckon, its a sad state of carping these days i think.
    Carp fishing in general is in a sad state these days
    Catching carp is easy,its the time in between thats the hard part

Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    Interesting you say that about holding scales by the body, i watched a vid a while ago which showed the opposite, it was in fact quite easy to increase the weight of the fish by holding the scales by the body, strange also they never weighed light, always heavy.

I have been aware of the suggestion about holding scales for thirty years and have swooped between both methods to make my own mind up about such claims. As long as you have an appreciation for hooks Law and donít imped the movement/position of the spring there is absolutely no effect on Avonís. Canít comment on other spring scales bit Iíve always been happy that my scales accurate. Iíve tested mine with weights and other scales attached to them to check their linear function.

They may not be perfect but for me they are good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    haha....silence speaks volumes...

you have to have a good memory to remember the lies...yo can normally tell when you are being lied to about a certain weight of a fish,because first line of attack is defence.
    but....let em get on with it i reckon, its a sad state of carping these days i think.
    James I think you are worrying about something thatís pointless because itís out of your control. Why care.