Thread: Scopes

Default Scopes

Thinking of getting the 10ft 2.25 tc scope for some barbelling as im on a gear cut down due to a very long walk to my spots just wondering if any users of this tc could comment on its action, ive heard they are softer than the stated tc but its only hearsay, just wondering if they would be suitable for my needs , thanks

There is an Alan Blair and Des Taylor YouTube video with scope barbelling, If you haven’t watched then it’s worth a ganders
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner ©

Cheers hitchy yeah quite enjoyable , look like they could be ideal for my needs , gonna have a waggle and see if the 1.75 or the 2.25 will be my choice

Quote Originally Posted by THOMMO View Post
    Cheers hitchy yeah quite enjoyable , look like they could be ideal for my needs , gonna have a waggle and see if the 1.75 or the 2.25 will be my choice
    This isnít from experiences of scopes but smaller utility rods in general, Iíd personaly plump for the 2.25. But as you say, have a waggle and see what some sings to you.
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner ©

I looked at the scopes for my canal carping as mobility is paramount when covering 7 miles of water between open locks, i opted for the Wychwood Extricators in 2.5s in 9 footers, cracking rods at half the price as an alternative, the scopes are a cracking rod as well.

Have a look at the dwarves as well - I have the older model in 10' 2.75Ib and really rate them. Cost me £35 in a sale at Erics. If It helps, I find the actions reasonably progressive, a fair bend in the tip/middle and a bit stiffer in the butt. A good all-rounder.

Site Regular

I used to use 12ft 1.75 Barbel rods (Wychwood ones) and have swapped out for a 10ft Scope in the 2.25 and its perfect for me, I fish a small river with fish in to double figures and its coped very well. I wouldnt have wanted to go kighter though.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"