Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting the buzz back?

Don’t look at the carp forum that will defiantly put you off.

Occasional User

Quote Originally Posted by JSlinn View Post
    Don’t look at the carp forum that will defiantly put you off.
    Indeed.

Agreed. Hi Steve
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Occasional User

Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    Agreed. Hi Steve
    Hi mate, how’s things?

I find its having the time to get out there, used to finish work and hit the pond for a weekend session only to pack up on a sunday afternoon and try and get the jobs done round the house and garden before work kicks off again on a monday. I changed tactics and found a different style and venue for my fishing namely canal and river, quick overnighters in the week and weekends, baiting up early mornings before going to work, really started enjoying myself again, I also look forward to France twice a year now summer and winter, that certainly gives me enough fuel to see me through the lazy periods. I think its all about making a slight change and not getting complacent with your angling. I am lucky i live by the coast as well so i can vary the angling with boat and shore fishing, reading your post acknowledges the fact that deep down you want to continue, its just finding and getting that enjoyment back mate. Tight lines

same boat, sort of. Just been noddying it, little waters, no massive fish, cheap club tickets (and forgotten ponds here and there) and French and other European open waters. Bouncing around, here and there... avoiding the crowds. Ain't gonna break the PB, but that's not what it's about.

Elite (Bronze)

What is this buzz we all fear losing? Perhaps if we analyse it, we might make some progress. I reckon it's the drive to get out carp fishing, which is simplistic enough as a working definition. If that's so, I lose it most years around the end of October, and rediscover it in late May/early June. Fortunately I can fill in the other months with roach, chub, barbel, pike and - from April onwards - trout. In fact this year I've had access to a nice bit of chalkstream with all wild fish, so almost all my fishing time has been spent walking a crystal clear stream with just a fly rod in hand and a tin of flies in my pocket. Doing that certainly puts the amount of gear needed for 24 hours of carp fishing into perspective. But carp fishing doesn't need to be about bivvies and bedchairs, three matching rods and buckets of bait.

If that becomes more of a chore than a pleasure, don't do it; go somewhere with just one light rod, a bag of bits and a handful of bait and see what you can catch. A ten pounder is fun caught like that, and if you think back to when you first started carp fishing, a ten pounder was (I hope) still something of an impossible ambition, and if you had two rods I bet they didn't match. Just remember, a 'specimen' can be thought of as any fish that weighs more than the gear used to catch it.

Go gobio gobio specimen hunting.

If that dont get you your buzz back then give up !

Its not all carp that swims around ppl....whos the first to admit it then.....( whats a gobio gobio ??? ) lol
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt