Thread: Leisure Batteries for an Electric outboard

Site Regular

Default Leisure Batteries for an Electric outboard

Im new to this boating lark and have borrowed an electric outboard (45lb thrust) for French trip in April, does anyone have any recommendations for a leisure battery, need one that lasts as long as possible ideally.

Thanks in advance

I think the best bet instead of one big heavy 110ah your far better off with 2 x 75ah batterys that way one can be on charge with say a solar panel and much easier to lift
    Jesus loves you" is a nice gesture in church - but a terrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison

Beginner Member

I agree. It's easier to carry 1 battery in each hand. Avoid at all cost any batteries that have 2 small handles if you've any distance to walk. With these you have to carry them in front of you and that can do your back in.

Numax Batteries are very good.

Site Connoisseur

I have two of these. One is man enough for big waters loaded up whilst simultaneously running my echo

https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/12...hoCiIsQAvD_BwE

Site Regular

Cheers all, I haven’t got to carry anything too far luckily, just a few yards from the truck to the boat.

Go Outdoors are worth a look for batteries - they have a caravan section and they are often in their clearance deals.
    Definitely worthy having two if at all possible, if only to allow one to be charging whilst one is in use. When I used a boat, I always had a 110 and a 75 - the 75 would be used until dead, which would mean I had the 75 to get me back to the car and could ease up on the use a bit.