Thread: Cyprinus sleep system

Default Cyprinus sleep system

There's been an awful lot of chat about the Cyprinus bivvies and brollies recently but has anyone taken the plunge on one of their sleep systems ? I'm sold on the Wychwood tactical beds ( I own one ) and it looks like Cyprinus are doing the same bed but with their branding. I'm actually considering swapping to a sleep system, in particular the Stealth camo 5 season bed / bag system. Looks amazing value at just shy of 150 notes, and it will match my Fox camo Supa brolly. I do appreciate this isn't gonna be Nash quality but is it worth a punt for the 30 odd nights a year I do ( not middle of winter though ).

Cheers.

Site Connoisseur

Hi mate got the green 2016 version Cyprinus sleep system. For the money it's ok very light to carry and has held up ok no problem. The frame isn't the ultimate strength and my mate managed to bend it when he stupidly sat on the end but sure that would have damaged any other of the main manufactures ones too. Sleeping bags are maybe 4 not fully 5 season rated IMO.

Why won't it be Nash quality ? all Nash stuff is made in China so make of that what you will, i've just got 3 Cyprinus rod sleeves and they are excellent, might not have the kudos of the Aqua/Trakker/Nash label but certainly has the quality.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts. I suspect I'll go for one as I can't justify the expense for a gash, fox, trakker bed / system, especially when this system looks ideal.

Have had my cyprinus bag for a couple of years, very impressed considering it cost less than 40 delivered. Has keep me super warm and is very light. My only niggle is that it has a few threads coming off it, but I can live with that tbh. Do not under estimate their tackle and assume because they are cheap, they are poor quality, because they're not.
    from the skool of hard knocks and the university of life

What bag did you get ?

As I have been looking at the bags and the sleep system.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

I have one of their camo bedchair....think paid 80 odd for it.....very light, firm mattress, winter bag and bedchair cover stay on it and folds flat.
    Bed lays completely flat and pretty comfortable nights sleep.

For the money a good investment after a years good use so far....
    "Rackin' Frackin' Vermit Rabbit".... YNWA...

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    What bag did you get ?

As I have been looking at the bags and the sleep system.
    Cyprinus Snugbag Extreme 3-4 Season was what I bought, 34 delivered. Super warm for spring, summer and autumn and with a throw over in the winter, its super super warm. Excellent value and personally I love it, as its a big bag...I don't like to feel constricted in a sleeping bag.

I have the Cyprinus Basecamp bedchair (same as the Wychwood one) and I have done 70 nights on it last year and its one of the most comfortable beds I have used.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon View Post
    I have the Cyprinus Basecamp bedchair (same as the Wychwood one) and I have done 70 nights on it last year and its one of the most comfortable beds I have used.
    which one, the standard or wide?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    which one, the standard or wide?
    Compact
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Alternatively if you are able and lucky enough the wychwood Morpheus 4 bags ticks all the boxes I’d happily use mine to minus 2 anything below I’d consider using my 7.