Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyprinus bivvies

Site Regular

Been going on for many years now, the Chinese suppliers will sell to anyone who will pay them, anyone remember Carp Bell in the mid 2000's, basically the same as JRC range at the time with their badge sewn over JRC embroidery! Same factories making gear for Chub / Trakker / JRC / Fishrite / AI / Venture etc etc.. Not sure now but used to be He Yu Tent Company and Heng Feng factories who supplied most of it I used to deal with them, the reps used to come over from China with samples and go round all the UK companies selling the same gear, even brought some dodgy sets of Callaway golf clubs / bags one year as freebies.. LOL
    Ads

Quote Originally Posted by DanFisher View Post
    Collecting bivvies and brollies again Lyndon?!! lol

I have been looking at getting an Aqua M3 Compact for the last year, but cannot justify the cost. Seeing the Cyprinus DPM4 Compact, I am very tempted! There is a small moral part of me that thinks that Aqua have come up with a slightly unique (due to the weight) and very good bivvy and brolly design in the M3, M3 Compact, Atom and F&L and it feels slightly wrong to buy off a company that is copying/undercutting htem. However, if you are right Lyndon that they have bought the old stock, then I suppose it's fair game, although I am surprised Aqua haven't simply put it all on offer like all other companies do!!

My thoughts are if the Cyprinus Compact is an exact copy (except for DPM) of the M3 Compact then i would be very surprised. Ive had a good look round mine now and its not in the league of my early Aqua MK2 Armo. If i had paid £450 for the Aqua M3 Compact version i would be very disapointed. £200-£250 for the Cyprinus is about the right money imo.
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

after looking for a new wrap for my mk2 2 man armo , I rang cyprinus and bought one of their wraps for half the price of the trakker one , the material is the same as aquatex in fact its got more bits on the wrap than the trakker version , the guy on the phone told me they came out of the same factory as trakker just a different badge on It ,
    blowing in the wind

Hahaha

All those aqua users are looking at refunds now i reckon.

Can you buy an aqua badge anywhere ? Might look into buying some cyprinus gear and stitching a badge on.....

Millionaire in a month rodders....
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

The Cyprinus Brollys, do the have the Space Saver Frames light the Mk2 Aqua Fast and Light?

Also Iím very tempted by the Cyprinus Base or Base HQ 2 Man for Holiday Trips to France, how do these ďReallyĒ compare to the Trakker SLX V2 and the Armo Mk2?

Iíve read a lot about them being great value for the price etc, but when it comes down to it is the quality of materials actually as good as the more expensive ďBrandedĒ Versions?

Like I say Iím interested because Iím interested in buying.
    Wriggle Wriggle..............

Guess look at the materials described in the write ups ?

rex hunt

I don't know about the bivvies, but I bought a Cyprinus bed over a year ago and it's been flawless - well made, nothings gone wrong and very comfy. Indistinguishable from the trakker versions, but half the money!

Question on the bedchairs kev

Have you seen the cyprinus sleep system in camo ? Wondered what sort of quality the bags are and sounds like the bedchairs are pretty solid.
    I ask as its only 150 quid, compared to other makes thats dirt cheap !

rex hunt

Not got the sleep system - mines the cheap copy of the Trakker levelite. Can't fault it atm, and I'd be happy to take a punt on any of their other kit TBH

Quote Originally Posted by shane24 View Post
    The Cyprinus Brollys, do the have the Space Saver Frames light the Mk2 Aqua Fast and Light?

Also I’m very tempted by the Cyprinus Base or Base HQ 2 Man for Holiday Trips to France, how do these “Really” compare to the Trakker SLX V2 and the Armo Mk2?

I’ve read a lot about them being great value for the price etc, but when it comes down to it is the quality of materials actually as good as the more expensive “Branded” Versions?

Like I say I’m interested because I’m interested in buying.
    Like I said I have the wrap for their Base bivvy which fits my trakker armo . and I cant feel any difference between them
    blowing in the wind

Elite (Bronze)

Regards comparing with early aqua models - Dont as they were bullet proof - Ive still got a union jack aqualite and also had early armos which have now gone and the material and quality is definitely different from newer aqua products - I know as Ive had them as well new M£ new M3 duo and comnparing them side by side there is definitely a difference - which ties in with aqua moving production to far east.

Ive got the cyprinus brolly and it is exactly the same as current aqua fast n light only difference is the badge.

Elite (Gold)

Quote Originally Posted by g4fne View Post
    My thoughts are if the Cyprinus Compact is an exact copy (except for DPM) of the M3 Compact then i would be very surprised. Ive had a good look round mine now and its not in the league of my early Aqua MK2 Armo. If i had paid £450 for the Aqua M3 Compact version i would be very disapointed. £200-£250 for the Cyprinus is about the right money imo.

Bear in mind you are buying direct from the importer via mail order rather than a retailer with associated overheads.
    Old enough to retire. poor enough not to.

Well I decided to take a punt and bought a Cyprinus Base HQ 2 Man.

It arrived after 48hrs by courier, upon unpacking I found d it comes with a decent sized bag, same type of pegs you get with all bivvys these days same support poles as Trakker.

The material seemed identical to the Aqua / Fox shelters I’ve had recently, upon setting up I was amazed at the quality of it for the money.
    This bivvy is essentially a re-badged Trakker Armo Mk2 it has front meshed windows, rear vents and the quality of the material and tape seams is top notch.
    The only challenge with it is that it doesn’t come with the tension strap, oh have to use the groundsheet (I’ll be buying a tension strap for the Armo) and the groundsheet itself is not as thick as the Trakker version (lighter weight though).

I haven’t actually fished under this as it’s purely for holiday fishing abroad. However from putting it up in the garden I’m more than happy with it.

In fact I’ll be getting the wrap and one of the Camo brollys too!

Buy with confidence guys.
    Wriggle Wriggle..............

Good stuff !

What brolly you looking at ? I have been looking at getting the one that looks like the aqua fast n light one..but as i havent seen one on the bank or know anyone who actually has one i will wait for a bit. Must say though, the material looks quite thick in photos, and i can get it on amazon for 108 quid !

rex hunt

CARP ZONE is another company

beginning of the season I wanted a Brolly system but those I looked at were loads of money ( when your on a crappy pension) so I took a chance and bought a Carp Zone airwave brolly system weight wasnt an issue as the place I fish car is behind me
    wow what can I say loads of room and its got the lot little peak rear vents lovely big wide door with all the options incl fished in a monsoon type storm was brilliant also in 27c front off rear vents open superb and all for £129 at the time

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carp-Zone...sAAOSw~y9ZHozX

EDIT read the customer reviews on the above link
    Jesus loves you" is a nice gesture in church - but a terrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison

This will be the 3rd season with my 1 man cyprinus Base hq and the camo flatbed. Both products are superb quality and value for money. Paid £100 for the bivvy and £50 for the bed.

The only slight niggle is the thin ground sheet and the peak is a little fiddly. For those that struggle with it try putting the ends in first then at the centre of the peak assemble the last join. Almost impossible with all the joins assembled.

When my supa brolly packs up I will buy a Cyprinus brolly.

Buy with confidence.