Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyprinus bivvies

Default Cyprinus bivvies

With Cyprinus bivvies under cutting the price of Aqua brollies and bivvies, also undercutting other bivvy makers, how long before the bivvy makers start slashing their prices and what happens to the 2nd hand value of these named bivvies when you can buy a new Cyprinus for less.

With bivvy prices heading north of 500 and the need to buy extras on top of this, will people still buy the label?

Discuss....

I think plenty are still brand loyal or a bit snobbish, bit like Skoda v VW, but it must be hitting the manufacturers in the pocket. The price of some are ridiculous so its not surprising cheaper copies have appeared. I bought a new titan and wrap for my French trips but waited til the T1 came out so got the previous version at a bargain.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Seen the brollies for sale for as little as 109 quid...aqua...= s !!

Trouble is.the cyprinus ones sell out fast if theyr any good.as has happened on the brollies.

The sleep systems are quite cheap as well..dont know of the quality though ?
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Been watching the bivvies on EBAY and the price appears to be creeping up as demand outstrips supply.
    Appears they are now delivering Cyprinus in Aqua boxes as well to rub salt into the wound!

I have a tempest brolley and wrap and will keep that for the time being but me being me will buy a proper bivvy later in the year, just like the Mrs always looking at Rightmove but i am not paying over 500 for imports. The quality and reliability seems to have been lost in Bivvies since Aqua moved abroad so will probably look 2nd hand

Elite (Bronze)

I’ve had loads of aqua bivvy including a fast n light system and a fast n light and picked up one of the cyprinus versions from eBay for 72for. MY lad the only difference is the storm poles it even arrived in a box with the aqua logo

No brainier

Site Connoisseur

They have all been to greedy the gravy train is over keep up the good work cyprinus great products

Ive just bought the Cyprinus Compact bivvy as the price was too good to miss. However like any products some people will always buy the badge. I dont think Aqua are under any immediate threat, but i think they will need to start bringing out something a bit different. From a pramhood bivvy and brolly point of view there is only so much they can offer, and im not sure it can be taken any further. Perhaps Aqua need to downsize the company, make it more personal, bring manufacturing back to UK and offer a custom/bespoke service with just a small stock range. I bet Nash is glad he stuck with his Titan design.
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Site Connoisseur

Don't see anything in the Titan and at 600 makes it even worse these company's have had it to good to long

Price of bivvies these days is a joke.
    Arent we all paying for the badge whatever we buy..not only fishing gear !

rex hunt

Carp tax and must have, go a long way in upping the prices of everything in the modern carp scene. Never seen a poor review of any product unless carried out by unsponsored anglers with nothing to gain! We are the product testing guinea pigs these days!

Elite (Bronze)

Ok they need to make a profit that's fine but if cyprinus can at there prices why can't the others instead of charging what they like,they've been having our leg up for years and laughing all the way to the bank,
    Catching carp is easy,its the time in between thats the hard part

Quote Originally Posted by runrun1 View Post
    Don't see anything in the Titan and at 600 makes it even worse these company's have had it to good to long
    It doesnt matter what you think of a Titan .... My point is that Nash has the patent locked down so they cant be undercut by a company bringing out a copy
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

I think the Tempest and the bloxx look remarkably like the Titan, although slight differences exist, either way all still overpriced IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by redimp View Post
    Ok they need to make a profit that's fine but if cyprinus can at there prices why can't the others instead of charging what they like,they've been having our leg up for years and laughing all the way to the bank,
    Anglers still buying it at those prices i presume keeps em up. Cyprinus i hear you say...its not in the big boys league is it for a 'cool' bivvy...
    Same s clothes....wouldnt look the same in a mag if your sat there with a twat hat on with a pubic beard round your mush with it reading something like this...

I was sat in my 600 quid aqua mk11111 having a brew in my riggemonkey kettle when i heard a large scaley old one jump out over my right rod in the pond and i sat upright in m aqua large shirt to which i have to thank aqua for as i have never been so warm and toasty on a very quick winters 74 hr session...

Instead.....i saw one jump over me rod.looked alright.sat up in me duffel jacket and stuck kettle on as its bollock numbing.while i was quite chuffed with me cyprinus bivvy for 40 quid.

A name adds value to the story.....

rex hunt

Site Connoisseur

Depends if you value the names

I can understand names and companies have to make a living, but as stated i have never seen a bad report in the mags, again they need to make money but at what cost!

But i am amazed that camping companies can make tents to sleep 8 people cheaper than a one man bivvy to keep a carper dry? Hydrostatic heads and breathable that will add a few pennies, a winterskin to stop condensation a few pennies more, vents because its hot even more pennies and then last but not least a badge to finish it off!

You won't see a negative review on any fishing gear IMO....

Simply because its a selfish world..,..if a mag gave a product a bad review, thiey would alienate the mag and it would be be blackballed IMO. No one would want anything to do with it....maybe wrong in that but I bet im not too wrong. Plus....IMO.....the person doing the review would soon be out of a job if they gave constant bad reviews. Look at it like this....if your job involved people giving you fishing gear...whether good or bad.....you would want to carry on that job and receiving it. All for a good review in mags and its not cost you a penny.....or at least a journey to a lake to set a rod or a bivvy up....easy work.

That's why you won't see a bad review

rex hunt

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    You won't see a negative review on any fishing gear IMO....

Simply because its a selfish world..,..if a mag gave a product a bad review, thiey would alienate the mag and it would be be blackballed IMO. No one would want anything to do with it....maybe wrong in that but I bet im not too wrong. Plus....IMO.....the person doing the review would soon be out of a job if they gave constant bad reviews. Look at it like this....if your job involved people giving you fishing gear...whether good or bad.....you would want to carry on that job and receiving it. All for a good review in mags and its not cost you a penny.....or at least a journey to a lake to set a rod or a bivvy up....easy work.

That's why you won't see a bad review
    Totally agree, don't think i've ever read a bad review in a mag, and certainly wouldn't take any notice of any of them. They're not gonna bite the hand that feeds them.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Bought the Cyprinus Fast and Light and it arrived in an aqua box. I have heard from someone in the trade that Aqua have stopped making them and the Atom and have changed the material for a re release later this year. So have Cyprinus bought up remaining stock ? Mine F&L also has evidence that Aqua labels have been removed from it.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon View Post
    Bought the Cyprinus Fast and Light and it arrived in an aqua box. I have heard from someone in the trade that Aqua have stopped making them and the Atom and have changed the material for a re release later this year. So have Cyprinus bought up remaining stock ? Mine F&L also has evidence that Aqua labels have been removed from it.
    Collecting bivvies and brollies again Lyndon?!! lol

I have been looking at getting an Aqua M3 Compact for the last year, but cannot justify the cost. Seeing the Cyprinus DPM4 Compact, I am very tempted! There is a small moral part of me that thinks that Aqua have come up with a slightly unique (due to the weight) and very good bivvy and brolly design in the M3, M3 Compact, Atom and F&L and it feels slightly wrong to buy off a company that is copying/undercutting htem. However, if you are right Lyndon that they have bought the old stock, then I suppose it's fair game, although I am surprised Aqua haven't simply put it all on offer like all other companies do!!