Thread: Original Delkim TXIs

Site Regular

Default Original Delkim TXIs

Afternoon everyone,

Ive been having a think about switching over to a set of the original txis as a mate is looking to shift a set on. Having been a Neville user for a number of years, I was hoping to get some feedback from those that have used or are still using the original delks. Are they reliable? Do they suffer with annoying faults? Any help much appreciated.

Cheers in advance!

👊

if they have been looked after and all the seals are intact they will be fine

Site Connoisseur

Second that if looked after no problem, I've been using mine since I bought them in 1999.

Elite (Bronze)

I've been using mine for years with no issues at all I wouldn't use anything else..give them ago,if you don't like them then sell them on as there still popular
    Catching carp is easy,its the time in between thats the hard part

Just dont get em wet......early delkims are a nightmare for getting wet and packing up.honestly..the amount of ppl i know that have had them and got rid just for this. Superb when they work....
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

My experience of the original Txi's is quite the opposite. Having used them for years with no issues I replaced them with the Txi Plus when they came out and had problems with the Plus versions stopping working after being packed away wet (for one day - 2 out of 3 packed up).......so I went back to the original txi's and have had no problems since. That are my alarm of choice and I wouldn't swap them for any other on the market.

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    Just dont get em wet......early delkims are a nightmare for getting wet and packing up.honestly..the amount of ppl i know that have had them and got rid just for this. Superb when they work....
    Mine have been out in some proper monsoon weather over the years and haven't pack up once because of being wet
    Catching carp is easy,its the time in between thats the hard part

Elite (Gold)

Had some right nightmares with the newer plus delks when wet but never had a single problem with the originals. I found a brand new pair still in there boxes of original standard blue ones in my bedroom cupboard last year that i forgot i bought. They must of sat there since i bought them from my local tackle shop about 20 years ago. There probably the only brand new unused set in existence.

Blimey...i must be the only one that knows ppl with problems then ??

I have 2 mates at least that had the originals for years.and over time they stopped working only because of they got wet !
    I also had a set of the original delkims ( not txi) and had them for years and then 2 packed up with8n a week of eachother and the other one was fine !

I loved delkims tbh.....so much in fact that i bought a couple of the standard plus 2 years ago now....no major problems as such..

But 1 has a tendency to not turn off sometimes.

Delkims......dont you love em !!
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Never had a problem with mine in 15 years. Been dropped in and still worked fine.
    The four things I will never understand are; Fish, women and mathematics.