Thread: Fishing Republic

Occasional User

Default Fishing Republic

Anyone had any issues with recent orders?
    Long story short, I ordered a reel on 24th November and was advised it was then out of stock but would transfer 1-3 days later, on 8th December after several conversation exchanges I decided to cancel my order but am still yet to receive my refund after chasing several times!
    Is anyone else having problems?

Site Regular

Check the other forums and facebook theres a lot of unhappy people

Yes plenty of unhappy people who've not had delivery or refunds. it appears they may have been selling stock they don't have, and have also been deleting posts on FB by people criticizing them. I would get in contact with your card company or raise a dispute on Paypal, and also read the thread on the other forum.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Elite (Bronze)

I ordered some reels earlier in the year which were out of stock even though the website said they were in stock. A week later after being promised a delivery on several occasions I asked for a refund which took another week. Haven’t used since.
    Visit Our Love Of Carp on Facebook and Instagram

Occasional User

Thanks all.
    I would never use again or recommend the company to anyone, I have opened a claim through PayPal so hopefully they will be able to claim my money back.
    I received an email from Fishing Republic saying the refund had been processed but my bank disagree.

Site Regular

Hope paypal help you out as there is/was a time limit to open a claim

Occasional User

Luckily I’m within the timeframe, so I’m hoping I will receive my refund! The seller has stopped responding now after being asked for proof of the refund transaction.

Beginner Member

I ordered a reel and it was here in a couple of days. Can't fault them.

Occasional User

Lucky you Alan. 4 weeks today and still no reel or refund, they were quick enough to take the money but seem to have problems paying it back

Rumour has it that a lot of companies are looking to take their stands out of their shops. Looks like they might be about to fold.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Ah nuts wish I'd read this post 24hrs ago. Purchased something yesterday and got an email today saying I'd been refunded. When I emailed back to ask why I was told the item is out of stock and they are having problems with the system showing stock they don't have and hope to get it sorted. Just checked my PayPal and no refund has been issued. May be worth avoiding.
    not exactly fast an furious olly!

Korda are in the process of taking their products out as are Delkim. Won't be long before mainline join in
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

I ordered a load of gear in the Black Friday sale which although took a while, did all turn up...

I made a second order and the emailed to say I was getting a refund, checked credit card and I have been refunded as promised.
    Not ideal but I have got my money back!
    Wriggle Wriggle..............