Thread: Pop-up Mix

Default Pop-up Mix

Hello and seasonal greeting to you.

I have always enjoyed and done well with using the Richworth pop-up mix and making my own pop-ups. Now I’ve probably enough for a one egg mix, having just made a batch.

I have tried the Mainline mix and wasn’t bothered by it and felt it was missing something.

What are your opinions of the CCMoore or DNA baits pop-up mix?

Are they any others out there that are worth shouting about.

Like you I have only got a small amount of Richworth mix left, Ive had some recommendations on AA Baits pop up mix, which I haven't tried yet but will do in due course.Teekay
    http://aabaits.co.uk/?s=Pop+up+&post_type=product

What is it about the mainline stuff you don't like
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

British aqua feeds is a good Popup mix and cheaper than the mainstream retailers

Reaper I think it’s a confidence thing really so on that basis I know I’ve never done well on any mainline bait, probably because I’ve never built that up with their baits I appreciate it’s caught but now I’m having to step out of my comfort zone I’m really asking what is the best profiled pop-up mix.

May even give Geoff a call and ask him what he thinks about it all.

Richworth was the go to because it has worked for me for years it may be the worst of the lot however it’s hard to change and hence why I started the tread.

What’s Nice Talking Matts opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by JSlinn View Post
    Reaper I think it’s a confidence thing really so on that basis I know I’ve never done well on any mainline bait, probably because I’ve never built that up with their baits I appreciate it’s caught but now I’m having to step out of my comfort zone I’m really asking what is the best profiled pop-up mix.

May even give Geoff a call and ask him what he thinks about it all.

Richworth was the go to because it has worked for me for years it may be the worst of the lot however it’s hard to change and hence why I started the tread.

What’s Nice Talking Matts opinion?
    Confidence is definitely half the battle. I thought the plain pop up mixes were all much the same, just bright flavoured balls of nothing unless you add some base mix or other liquid attractors to them.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Well I guess If I have to change from one pop up mix to another I best make it a positive step in the right direction and reading that DNA baits pop up mix has milks in cause to ask the question.

I have been using PJPs because of their bouncy and ability to support a wide range of pop up rigs with varying amounts of metal work.

I've got a bag each of yellow and pink richworth mix, opened and about one egg used from each. Yours for a stoney donation?

AA baits has long gone I believe. The cc moore mix is good as is the mainline one
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

AA baits have relocated from Warrington to Birkenhead,check out their website and Facebook page for ingredients etc.I havent used their pop up mix yet but will be doing so in due course. Teekay

Thank you hippy im shelving theidea for the time being having just bought a new car battery. Hope to be in a better financial position once I’ve settled into my new job so I’ll bare stoney in mind sometime next year once the inland revenue get round to doing their job probably and stop charging me emergency tax.

I also think it’s a good time to move on and hence why I’m asking questions. I’m not in a rush the 70 baits I have made will last a few months due to work commitments just thought I’d get the ball rolling excuse the pun and ask the question.

Site Connoisseur

Trick apparently is to add around 100g of milk mix to 900g of airball mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Birchy View Post
    Trick apparently is to add around 100g of milk mix to 900g of airball mix.
    Just emailed John Baker asking him if he does any under the counter mixes so to speak.

Any decent pop up mixes have refined milk proteins in. The BAF one certainly does and i find it produces much more consistent baits than ccmoores. You can also tweak the mixes yourself if you fancy something a bit different.

Ive always found the shop bought ones really fluffy and not easy to roll. Fine for mass produced pop ups but if I roll I use paste or matching sieved base mix and cork balls. A milk pop up mix is no better (imo) to mass produced pop ups. Even if that's your thing, 50:50 mix pan fried or corked will do. Or buy cheap pop ups and glug.
    We love you, we love you, we love you
    And where you go we follow, we follow, we follow,
    Cause we support the The Palace, The Palace, The Palace
    and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it

The famous Alan Mullery went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said....................

Cork balls are such a massive ball arch even with your delightful tool. I think the major positive of using the light fluffy mix is the high leakage rate compared to any base mix.