Thread: Overlapping pictures

Hybrid View

Default Overlapping pictures

I want to overlap a photo onto another - this is simply to extend the borders of the original picture on all sides so that it fits on a website - at present it's "cropped" with a black border because it doesn't fill the full frame.

If I use a white background then there's no problem but I want to use a black background!

I can't simply enlarge the picture as this distorts the image.

Is there free software that i can use to extend the borders of my pics - I'm not a techno geek so has to be basic. Ideally a software where I can simply drag a duplicate across the original and save the the pic - something simple and stress free? TIA
    Partridge of Redditch - the DNA of hooks!

Is the current border just plain black and you want to make that border 'wider and longer' with just black too?
    The first rule of Baitboat Club is you don't talk about Baitboat Club!!!

It’s a black background and frame - because the picture doesn’t fit the frame, what doesn’t fit the frame is shaded black, if that makes sense?

I need to extend the picture I want to use so it fits the frame - I can’t enlarge it as it blurs so I was thinking it’s a simple case of taking the picture and overlapping another onto it to extend the background
    Partridge of Redditch - the DNA of hooks!