Thread: VPN Alternative Unblockr

Default VPN Alternative Unblockr

Ive not yet tried this but it looks very good, unlike a VPN it doesnt reroute your internet activity to hide your on lone presence it somehow just changes the label held by your ISP so it appears that your surfing and streaming is performed by someone else, at least thats how I understand it and at 20 a year its cheaper than an ISP too and will never slow your connection down.

Got to be worth a try although as Ive not tryied it yet I have no idea how easy or not it is to set up.

Anyhoo heres the video that gives all the info. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHia6yY5PA
    playingforchange.com

I have to ask, what the hell are you looking at online that makes you constantly want to hide your presence or appear to be somebody else ?
    Who keeps banning me, and does it make you feel real powerful ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romans Wallet View Post
    I have to ask, what the hell are you looking at online that makes you constantly want to hide your presence or appear to be somebody else ?
    Absolutely nothing at all apart from the usual youtube videos, google searches and the occasional steamed tv show but i object to being spied upon and targeted for adverts i dont want to see and more importantly I prize my privacy for security reasons, if a hacker cant see me then they cant hack my devices, if your happy to let others see your on line traffic and be able to hack your connection then thats your prerogative but I take my on line security seriously.
    playingforchange.com

I use a VPN (Digibit @ 2 month) so had a look at this. This is one of a few similar comments left on that video, no idea if the info is correct as im not that clever.

This is not true. The only thing that an unblocker does is change your external IP (after it's left your router). It does not offer ANY privacy. Your ISP will be able to see every packet that goes through your router.
    TBF even with a VPN your ISP can see what type of packet is passing through their network. They won't be able to decrypt the data, which is part of the protection a VPN offers. VPNs also changes your public IP. The additional protection (which is an assumption, whether true or false) is that if your ISP or anyone else doesn't know what you're looking at they can't acquire a court order to look at your records.
    Additionally if someone tries to access the data in the VPN tunnel you are using the connection and they won't be able to aquire the data.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Interesting, but it still gives another line of security as it makes your route impossible to trace and is a lot cheaper than most VPN's. Whether its as good as a VPN is questionable then, cheers for that.

ps A cheap option anyone who currently uses on line banking and doesnt have a VPN perhaps.
    playingforchange.com