Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kent Mirror 83lb?

Yes I read it, you say "fish reabsorb spawn". What you should say is SOME fish can reabsorb spawn, those that don't suffer from Dystocia, or are you stating that can't happen ?
    It's the not reabsorbing spawn that causes all the further problems, so you see it is failure to expel all the eggs that is the issue.
    But the upshot is that this thread is educating you, whether you'll admit it or not, so it's all good.
    Who keeps banning me, and does it make you feel real powerful ?

If you choose to live with half truths from google searches then good for you.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Elite (Bronze) dave "the blanker" box's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    If you choose to live with half truths from google searches then good for you.
    what is your issue?! The blokes just trying to explain to lesser experienced anglers like yourself the dangers relating to spawn bound bacterial infections which could lead to blood poisoning (Septicaemia). Close your mouth and open your ears matey
    rome wasnt built in a day

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    Just read on fb....

Full of water and spawn aparently...something called 'dropsey '.?

Dont know anything about it.but i hope its not claimed as a record. Just my opinion.
    why not?

Is Alex White or Roddy Porter's records not valid then? Or Chris Yates capture of the Bishop? Maybe Alberts's record brace from back in the early 90's shouldn't have been regarded as a record either?

Let's just erase history because you don't agree with it.

Thanks Dave. You're right. Shouldn't doubt a stranger on the internet especially on a forum because he might have fished for longer than I have. I couldn't possibly know anything on the matter.

I'll consider myself educated now though. Thanks.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Elite (Bronze) dave "the blanker" box's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    Thanks Dave. You're right. Shouldn't doubt a stranger on the internet especially on a forum because he might have fished for longer than I have. I couldn't possibly know anything on the matter.

I'll consider myself educated now though. Thanks.
    Glad you know now.

FYI the world is round not flat... but then again i'm just a guy on the internet forum
    rome wasnt built in a day

Site Regular

For how long can a fish live with that?

to me the record is now 83lb, can totally understand the angler not wanting all the hassle and conflict for putting his name to it and making a claim.

it should just be listed as caught by an unknown angler.

Site Regular

for me to the record is now 83lb. it's supposed to be a factual record of the biggest caught in this country. simple

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    why not?

Is Alex White or Roddy Porter's records not valid then? Or Chris Yates capture of the Bishop? Maybe Alberts's record brace from back in the early 90's shouldn't have been regarded as a record either?

Let's just erase history because you don't agree with it.
    I'm not talking about other fish though am i .

Knowing that a fish is fully Ill not in the best of health is OK with you then ? I like to this no that a record would be something to look up to with admiration with a thought of yourself holding that fish maybe ?
    But with this.....with what we know about it now....you still want it to Be the record despite its condition ?
    What if it got caught at 110 lb.....with the fish being 50lb of the weight and the rest water ? That's OK with you then yes ?

My mind really boggles sometimes.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

It's definitely not dropsy, that causes all the scales to stick out off the flanks, its also known as Pine-coneing.

To my uneducated eyes, this looks like it could be liver failure, which causes the fishes body to think that its too salty, it then absorbs water through osmosis, in extreme cases this is what can happen. It leads to massive pressure on all internal organs and then death. This is why people often think that some carp which are known males, turn up bloated like this carp, but they still say its spawn bound. Im afraid to say, this fish has not got long left alive, the fact its been out of the water has not helped the situation either.

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    I'm not talking about other fish though am i .

Knowing that a fish is fully Ill not in the best of health is OK with you then ? I like to this no that a record would be something to look up to with admiration with a thought of yourself holding that fish maybe ?
    But with this.....with what we know about it now....you still want it to Be the record despite its condition ?
    What if it got caught at 110 lb.....with the fish being 50lb of the weight and the rest water ? That's OK with you then yes ?

My mind really boggles sometimes.

all of the other fish I mentioned were valid records and they were all in the same condition?

the record is the biggest fish caught on rod and line in the UK. simple as that.

the record as something to look up to? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    all of the other fish I mentioned were valid records and they were all in the same condition?

the record is the biggest fish caught on rod and line in the UK. simple as that.

the record as something to look up to? LOL
    All in the same condition ??

Did the others have liver failure ( so I am lead to believe by others in the know ) or similar then ?? News to me.

The others were spawn bound..granted.

But this ones seriously Ill.....there's a massive difference.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Site Regular

As everyone in here are experts and say the fish is ill. Hoe long will there go before it dies?

Martin Gay caught a 48lb common. Most don't look up to that because their dry cleaners best friend said it never happened. Right Jamie ? You been on the maple syrup again?
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Site Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    Martin Gay caught a 48lb common. Most don't look up to that because their dry cleaners best friend said it never happened. Right Jamie ? You been on the maple syrup again?
    Isn't that the Canadian record? ;-)