Thread: NGT Rods...

Elite (Bronze)

Default NGT Rods...

I’m looking into one of these for use as a marker rod, specifically the 11ft four piece 2.75lb model. Don’t need it to do big ranges (80yd tops) or anything fancy apart from sling a small marker and lead around... Would just like to know if anyone has taken a punt on this range of rods and found them any cop?

I've got a couple of the 9ft 4 piece rods and for the money they're pretty good. Not sure how they compare to the 11ft rods but they're quite soft. Funnily enough, they're marketed by a certain predator angler for quite a bit more money under a different name. I've had carp to mid 20 on them & they're absolutely fine for that.

Occasional User

I took a pair of the 11ft rods to Canada this year reeling in fish up to 30lb from 60ft deep river well impressd with them.t

Also got the intrepid 4 piece rods and have had fish to mid thirties on them. A few mates also have their other cheaper rods and rate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Mullet View Post
    I’m looking into one of these for use as a marker rod, specifically the 11ft four piece 2.75lb model. Don’t need it to do big ranges (80yd tops) or anything fancy apart from sling a small marker and lead around... Would just like to know if anyone has taken a punt on this range of rods and found them any cop?
    make sure you check the weight of it toddy.

a friend has a fox travel rod and it weighs a ton compared to my infinities. it may not seem like much when you fish with them (as they spend most of their time on the rests) however, when you are using it for lengths of time as a marker, trying to find spots, you soon begin to notice the extra weight.

You want something extremly stiff for a marker rod as you get more feel..
    The wonder of the world,*
    the beauty and the power,*
    the shape of things,*
    their colours,*lights and shades;*
    these I saw.*
    Look ye also while life lasts".

Elite (Bronze)

The NGTs weigh nothing but are very soft(11ft,2.75lb). It wouldn't be a marker rod choice for me. Much prefer a cheap spod rod re stiffness needed.