Thread: VPN Advise

Default VPN Advise

Can anyone recommend one that will work on a smart TV running Android along with Windows for 50 ish a year

cheers guys
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

I use Pure VPN and get great speeds usually no less than normal which is very good as some can really suck your speed down and I paid around 50 for a 2 year license for 3 devices so I run it on my PC, my android tv box and my android phone.

Not sure if its any better or worse than any others as its the only one ive tried and I did have a few problems at first with it slowing down my internet speeds but I re downloaded it and its been fine ever since.

Whichever one you choose dont pay the first price offered, when I went onto the pure VPN site a chat box popped up and I was asked if I had any problems and I said the price and was immediately offered a much better deal than was advertised
    playingforchange.com

Which reminds me, i must blow the dust off my android tv box as The Grand Tour is back in December
    playingforchange.com

Pure VPN for me too, as recommended by Windy

Got a better deal than him too - open a chat window with them and barter
    The first rule of Baitboat Club is you don't talk about Baitboat Club!!!

I ended up getting a new router (Asus) as it seems vpn's cant be loaded onto an android TV. I've got digibit loaded onto the router so everything is protected. Does it matter if i use a vpn server located in the UK or should i choose one located overseas.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    I ended up getting a new router (Asus) as it seems vpn's cant be loaded onto an android TV. I've got digibit loaded onto the router so everything is protected. Does it matter if i use a vpn server located in the UK or should i choose one located overseas.
    It doesnt matter where the company is located at all, its all about how it hides you from tracking and makes your presence invisible on line.

Why cant you install a VPN on an android TV? can you not install apps on it? I have it installed on my android TV Box (OK not a TV) and on my android phone, can you not "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources" in the security settings?
    playingforchange.com

I've got apps on mine but they wont take a vpn, strange as android phones do. having it on the router means everything on the wifi is covered and i'm using a server in europe which is as quick as the UK one so all ok at the mo.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!