Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New carp record

Site Connoisseur

Default New carp record

68.08 lbs "Captain Jack" from Holme Fen.
    More details on Carpfeed.
    BCSG

Weighed on 120lb reubens and going for the record.... what a mug.
    Get you some of that!

Oh deary me....
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

ffs

Beginner Member

Surely itís time the BRFC had a think about what qualifies as a ďBritishĒ fish, and adjusted the criteria accordingly?

I suppose, that in itself, is a very big can of worms though.

This is exactly why the Catfish (Silure) record was discontinued!!!

its a joke , **** the people creating these waters and **** the anglers that fish them .......

This fish does doesn't bother me as much as the big rig fish did.

At the end of the day it satisfys the criteria for the record committee so it should stand for their record. All it really means is that their record won't be as credible to as many people anymore.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Elty well said. Specimen records mean something to me when itís chance based roach bream tench eel etc anything thatís been spured on is Just jumping through hoops and lack any substance.

I felt the same as a kid fishing Epping forest hoping for the unknown. Prefab fish well whatever grabs you is fine thatís whatís great about this hobby we can set our own goals and the rest means zip.

Personally I prefer to catch Prestine quality fish any day over pug ugly farm fed pigs.

"Big Rig" disgusted me, and I was delighted when it was rejected...this just leaves me cold. If the information presented is correct, and was legally introduced (albeit at a big size) and has grown on a reasonable amount. I suspect it will be accepted as a record, but I wouldn't personally fish there even if it was free...I'd also rather fish were not imported, as it is simply impossible, with our limited knowledge of cyprinid diseases, to guarantee the safety of imported fish and the risk of bringing a novel disease into the country.

Let’s face it.. it really means very little these days., any record.. even if it isn’t an import is going to be a known fish with a name that has been known for years and years.. nothing very exciting about that. Someone catching a record perch out of the Thames or even a record pike on the fly from blaggdon is..
    The wonder of the world,*
    the beauty and the power,*
    the shape of things,*
    their colours,*lights and shades;*
    these I saw.*
    Look ye also while life lasts".

Quote Originally Posted by nwjgoode View Post
    Let’s face it.. it really means very little these days., any record.. even if it isn’t an import is going to be a known fish with a name that has been known for years and years.. nothing very exciting about that. Someone catching a record perch out of the Thames or even a record pike on the fly from blaggdon is..
    Pretty spot on that.

rex hunt

Same as people catching a known fish and saying 'I had it 4oz bigger than you did' and going round saying 'I am better then he is' what a joke, cant be bothered anymore, I just carp fish for the experience and what the carp look like. In a club thats now insists I have to put all fish on their FB page, get a life, size doesnt matter, in more ways than one lol

Who in their “right mind” would say that moreover why would any sensible person give it credit.

Any sensible logical thinking individual knows the game it’s just common sense right place right time etc and generally it’s a given. The game of chance is so high in most things that skill is merely a small part. I’m not trying to discredit skill I’m just saying that any seasoned angler realises as I’m sure most of us do that opportunity presents its self and that is deffinantley a major factor in our sport or anything else for that matter.

The chance for me to catch the biggest fish is highly unlikely because I don’t fish these places. Nor do I put in the time nor give a toss and so on and so forth putting the odds of my doing so to be minut if by the smallest of chances I do it’s basically as good as a fluke. Right time right place.

Quote Originally Posted by nwjgoode View Post
    Let’s face it.. it really means very little these days., any record.. even if it isn’t an import is going to be a known fish with a name that has been known for years and years.. nothing very exciting about that.
    I well remember when Chris Yates caught his record, which was both imported and well known, trust me it was still very exciting to read about.
    When Two-tone was caught and kept upping the record I felt nothing, but I believe that it was me had changed over time.
    My guess is that many of today's young anglers will be equally excited by today's records.
    Halcyon Pool Boreham Essex

https://www.carpfeed.com/fishing-new...s-not-a-record

Great news... what a douche bag... pmsl
    Get you some of that!

That's quite sad really in honesty.

If theyr out.....they're out. Why not just accept the weight and carry on ? IMO..it makes him look like he's doing of for fame and fortune ??

Sadly....its the carp scene today.

Great fish...no denying it, but this....just move on mate accept it, you caught it...leave it there.

rex hunt

I love a sarcy comment, something that belittles stuff like this, however this sht writes itself...
    “I was really surprised that they were 8oz out,” added Nigel, “They were brand new and that was the very first time they had any fish weighed on them
    We love you, we love you, we love you
    And where you go we follow, we follow, we follow,
    Cause we support the The Palace, The Palace, The Palace
    and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it

The famous Alan Mullery went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said....................

Thank the lord that was the first fish weighed on them... Imagine all those just scrapper thirties/forties /fifties that hes probably caught that didn't quiet make the (Cough) grade......

Regards Tad.

Site Regular

Were these scales the new “Jim Shelley” editions that Reubon Heaton are bringing out?