Thread: Fox x pod plus.

Default Fox x pod plus.

I have been debating weather to go for this fox pod opinions please.

Light, stable, adjustable and you're able to line up buzzers using the screw part underneath.
    from the skool of hard knocks and the university of life

I wasn't a lover of pods as they were always to high off the ground for my liking (I like my rods low and reels just off the ground) but I brought a second hand X-Pod plus and cut the sticks right down so my reels are only a few inches off the ground like when I use bank sticks.

I was only going to use it for fishing my local canal but I love it and use it all the time......when I actually do go fishing these days

Quote Originally Posted by nik View Post
    I wasn't a lover of pods as they were always to high off the ground for my liking (I like my rods low and reels just off the ground) but I brought a second hand X-Pod plus and cut the sticks right down so my reels are only a few inches off the ground like when I use bank sticks.

I was only going to use it for fishing my local canal but I love it and use it all the time......when I actually do go fishing these days
    sorry to highjack the post, hut how did you cut down the sticks, as you either cut of the point of the thumb lock at the other end?

I cut the stick about 10mm below the thumb lock so there was enough metal to grip with a pair of pliers and crush allowing me to break the seal of glue so I could then pull off the plastic thumb lock. After that I was just a case of gluing the thumb lock back on the cut down stick.

I also converted the buzz bars from 3 rod to 2 with a bit of measuring and cutting.

I can go lower at the front but I like the tips raised Or I can put the alarms on the rear sticks

pod.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nik View Post
    I cut the stick about 10mm below the thumb lock so there was enough metal to grip with a pair of pliers and crush allowing me to break the seal of glue so I could then pull off the plastic thumb lock. After that I was just a case of gluing the thumb lock back on the cut down stick.

I also converted the buzz bars from 3 rod to 2 with a bit of measuring and cutting.

I can go lower at the front but I like the tips raised Or I can put the alarms on the rear sticks

pod.jpg
    cheers mate, will be giving this a go this weekend

Site Connoisseur

I cut down buzz bars just undo screws at the bottom wiggle off the threads measure what length you want cut the same amount off both ends glue them and put the screws in upside down as you haven't got a hole for the point of the thread to go in enless you want to drill into buzz bars as I didn't as the bar is round it might slip then do the same with the back one been using it 6 months no probs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    Light, stable, adjustable and you're able to line up buzzers using the screw part underneath.
    Thanks that helped make my mind up.

Ebay is the cheapest place to get 1