Thread: 10ft rods

Default 10ft rods

Looking for some shorter rods, purely down to the fact that many of the swims on my water have low overhanging trees which causes difficulties with 12ft ers.

Most of the casting is short range, very occasionally may need to go to 80yds but normally will be light leads to a max of 40yds. Fish anywhere from 20's to 40's, occasional weed.

Been looking at Fox Warrior S 3lb tc, Wychwood Extricators in 3lb tc, and I know the Pro Logic C3 are also recommended as a cheaper option.

Any advice on this? Pack down size is not important so 2.piece rods are ok, these will be my short session rods so hoping to spend less than 60 each.

pelagic extreme 10ft.........please
    Beware the moon........the stairs and the trolley

Site Regular binfieldlittlelegs's Avatar

Have a look at the Tackle Box CFX range. The build quality is superb at a very good price. I bought a set for use on my water which sounds very similar to yours. As a result of seeing them a couple of mates have bought them. And we are all very happy with them a few months down the line. If you look on the Specialized Hookbaits facebook page Mark Casper does a write up about them.

Tackle Box Darent Valley 10ft 3lb. I have landed several large carp this summer on these rods with no issues at all. A penny under 50 notes each, bargain.

Very similar to the CFX as mentioned above, just the next price bracket down.

**sam**

Cheers guys

shimano velocity 3lb tc in 10ft is my current fave rod. Have used it from fishing under the rod tip for small fish to bullying and clamping down on river fish as they battle towards snags. Paid just under 50 per rod.
    from the skool of hard knocks and the university of life

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Tackle Box Darent Valley 10ft 3lb. I have landed several large carp this summer on these rods with no issues at all. A penny under 50 notes each, bargain.

Very similar to the CFX as mentioned above, just the next price bracket down.

**sam**
    they look fantastic - was thinking of getting a set of CFX as spares but they look like they may be a better option for now.