Thread: Locations around NW London

Beginner Member

Default Locations around NW London

Hi all,

Firstly I'm new here, so hello!

I've been fishing for just a few weeks now having had lessons on holiday in Cornwall. It was great down there and I caught several fish on the day.

Since coming back to London however, I've really struggled. I live in Harrow, NW London and I've tried several venues nearby including Ruislip Lido, Little Britain Lake in Iver and Lizard Fishery in West Drayton. During half a douzen trips to these venues, I've caught just one fish.

I suppose it could be my technique, but I didn't see anyone else catching either.

So please, hopefully someone knows somewhere not a million miles away (I'll happily travel up to around 45 minutes) which is well stocked with any type of fish (perhaps even over stocked) for a novice like myself.

Thank you!

PS - I'm ideally looking for day ticket venues, but of course if I like it I'll likely sign up for membership in due course.

I would stick with Lizard for the time being, catch a few to hone your skills and gain some confidence and there a lot of fish to for.

The Lido is very tricky as there's not much in there! I take the dog around there regularly and have only ever seen a couple of things in there.

If you do go down the season ticket route then join Uxbridge Rovers - http://www.uracs.co.uk/

Billet Lane has plenty of fish in there and Stockley Lake is a nice little venue with a few fish in it.
    Lots of love

Rob x

Try Farlows which is fairly close to you, it's a day ticket venue.
    Harrow Angling Society also have a couple of local waters and is not an expensive ticket

Wood Lane Fishery in Iver Heath is also worth trying.