Thread: A New Faster Browser

Default A New Faster Browser

"Brave" browser is new (to me) and claims to be faster than chrome, safari and firefox and of course internet explorer.

A great feature is it can block all adverts and even block trackers, Ive just downloaded it and will give it a go, actually its come at a good time for me as i'm now getting the 'well this is embarrassing...' message EVERY time I open Firefox.... so i hope its as good as claimed.

heres the download link if you want to try it out https://brave.com/

ps the day I download a new browser and its the same day ive managed to "fix" firefox from its annoying behavior, but ill still give Brave a trial.
    playingforchange.com

Just reading more about this browser and one comment mentions that this browser will actually pay you if you chose to turn off the ad block feature, so their advertisers will actually pay you if you can bear to watch all the stupid ads, personally ive used Adblock on Firefox for years as I dont want to watch ads when I am browsing, but for those who dont mind...

Payments will be in a "cryptocurrency(Basic Attention Tokens) to allow ads. This works because the advertisers are basically paying for your attention and bandwidth on your data plan. And of course you can easily exchange the Basic Attention Tokens for bitcoins or dollars."

Interesting idea.
    playingforchange.com

Found I really couldnt get on with the Brave browser, yes its fast but I just dont like the way it looks and works.

However there is another new browser which has all the privacy of Brave along with all the benefits of NO ADVERTS and is also a fork of Firefox, developed by the firefox team and ive been using it a couple of weeks and its excellent.

Its called Cliqz and Ive transferred all my bookmarks and personalition over from Firefox which Ive used for years and really like their new browser.

Check it out here https://cliqz.com/en/
    playingforchange.com

Interested, does it stop all those annoying ads to the right of the page, and the flash player stuff that seems to always play

cheers
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    Interested, does it stop all those annoying ads to the right of the page, and the flash player stuff that seems to always play

cheers
    Yes, no adds there at all, just white space the same as I see in firefox which has adblock running on it but this Cliqz browser has no add ons at all, its straight out of the box with just my preferences added from firefox

playingforchange.com

How much quicker is it ?
    I just googled "monkey" on Chrome and got 371,000,000 results in 0.71 seconds, what does your super quick new browser do thats better ?
    Who keeps banning me, and does it make you feel real powerful ?

I think your missing the point its not just about the speed, anf its not "my browser" its just a browser that doesnt track you and it doesnt allow any adverts. Basically it keeps your browsing safe and secure.

But seeing as you asked it reported "About 371,000,000 results (0.72 seconds)" so you win by a second but do you see any ads?

This will explain it better than I can https://cliqz.com/en/whycliqz
    playingforchange.com

About 369,000,000 results (0.63 seconds)

Does that mean my internet speed's good? lol
    Get on the Druids!

Probably that and that your search engine doesnt know as much about "monkeys"
    playingforchange.com