Thread: No Anti-Reverse

Exclamation No Anti-Reverse

I recently looked at purchasing a couple of the new Shimano Sahara front clutch reels prices being attractive i investigated and nearly bought two that was until i found out that these reels do not have anti-reverse! . Apparently the new Shimano Nasci also does not have anti-reverse fitted! so if you like me use the anti-reverse feature beware before buying at least some of the new Shimano range until you establish they come with this feature.

I ended up with two Daiwa's hopefully i made a good choice!.

Frequent User

It's not just the budget reels that are affected (afflicted?) by this. I actually bought a Stradic Ci4+ FA to see if I could cope without. It does take a little bit of getting used to, but I adapted. It's a bloody good reel. However, for the dedicated backwinders out there, the concept is a total waste of time. Shimano are suggesting that it's part and parcel of their attempts to make a totally enclosed reel that's immune to the ingress of muck and water. I suspect the truth is that they are simply concentrating on the Far East, Australasian and North American spinning markets and nothing more.
    Fabricatum Diem, Pvnc!

Occasional User

Do I understand this correctly - the antireverse is permanently engaged and you can't backwind at all? If so they're total cack!

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Basher View Post
    Do I understand this correctly - the antireverse is permanently engaged and you can't backwind at all? If so they're total cack!
    There is no facility whatsoever to backwind. There is no switch to exercise the option of disengaging an anti-reverse. It is not a feature of every model, but it's worth checking if you are buying blind.
    Fabricatum Diem, Pvnc!

Totally agree looks like Shimano have shot themselves in the foot!! , i watched a youtube video today about the new Sahara the american presenter was not impressed with its lack of anti-reverse.............buyer beware springs to mind.

Site Regular

I have one of the new stradics which I use for barbel, no anti-reverse, no problems so far...