Thread: Boilie colour change.

Default Boilie colour change.

My bait of choice is very pale in colour, almost white when washed out. Being that it is highly visual I've been getting seriously pillaged by coots and tufties in certain swims, even in 10ft + water. Stupid question, once I've air dryed a batch, could I add a brown food colouring to dull them down ?

No harm in trying, but anything you add that is water soluable will start to leach out again once immersed in water.

yeah, that thought had crossed my mind which is why I was asking in the hope someone might of tried it. Think I'll just go to Tesco and buy some dark brown food colouring and try it. Be interesting to see how long the colour lasts in water.
    Will post the result here.

Sticky Baits Hydro Ink will do the job. Soak them overnight, or if shelfies, leave them in it permanently.

**sam**

Thanks Sam. Ideal if I was using a fishmeal bait but not sure it's inkeeping with the sweet creamy flavour profile of my nut mix bait....?

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimbers View Post
    Thanks Sam. Ideal if I was using a fishmeal bait but not sure it's inkeeping with the sweet creamy flavour profile of my nut mix bait....?

D.
    If you can speak to the company who produces it ask if they can make it with some robin red in it to darken it off or ask to have a colour added. Most will do it if you order a min of 10kg. I think the likes Geoff Bowers ABS and the companies he supplies will do it. Cooperman is the man to ask. I know he does Choc Orange (nut bait) in a robin red. Going to be doing the same myself soon.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Dunno, would molasses help?
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes