Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nash Footpath

Just saw this last night! Still chuckling now. I thought it must have been an April fool thing they forgot to take off the website!

anyone got a link of a video of the nash boys trying to sell them , gotta be worth a laugh!

I'll wait for the camo version before i buy one
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Nash are going to bring a camo version out how fabulous.

What would be great is a picture of a wooden stage run with a big looking hole some where along its length Exposing the water below.

I’ll waiting for the one with a pressure pad that triggers a set of LED stripped that guide you towards your rods.

Quote Originally Posted by msc 63 View Post
    Korda Floss Caps
    I actually like these. Tried one last week and it was a much stronger and more secure attachment against he one without. Its not an essential item granted but actually I see them having a place in my tackle box.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Quote Originally Posted by JSlinn View Post
    The concept isnt so foolish the exercution is questionable.

I started to fish a venue that has quite a lot of wooden pontoons and during the wetter months and winter the boards are a bit of a bitch so I bought and used my first Bivvy mat that proved to be very useful. Ironically back than the same thing was being sad about Bivvy mats, now as first mentioned the idea isnít as silly as it seems however itís possibly not the best solution.

A few years ago I was given a few meters of this https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/151884013248
    And so I stapled it down on my favourite peg where there is a long path leading upto the main stage. Itís still in good nick and it works a treat.
    I always use a bivvy mat as I like to have something nice and dry to put my feet down on in the morning when I sit and watch the water. It saves weight as I use it rather than a groundsheet. The Trakker bedchair groundsheet now there is another waste of space.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Quote Originally Posted by carphooker View Post
    anyone got a link of a video of the nash boys trying to sell them , gotta be worth a laugh!
    Your wish is my command! Just skip to 12:40

https://youtu.be/vw5TwJEES8s
    Lots of love

Rob x

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Your wish is my command! Just skip to 12:40

https://youtu.be/vw5TwJEES8s
    The pegs at the end are definitely a trip hazard !!!
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Site Connoisseur

The carp world has gone mad

I think it's a great idea - not 65 quids worth of idea but I think it will be superb in the winter.

The amount of times I have turned up in a swim for the start of a session and been on dry ground and then it's rained and my winter boots have churned up the ground, ripped the grass etc and created a mudbath between the bizzy and the rods. Using one of these will pretty much stop this from happening.

Have also used the bank saw in it's original version plenty of times - it's superb when you are fishing extremely narrow reedlined swims where it can be used to trim a couple of them back to get the rods through.

gen lol for the comments on the swim maintenance - I used to have the same opinion as Mr Wallet but now have a bandsaw in the car for overgrown swims in the spring and summer. 30 mins later they are opened up and the worlds yer lobster.

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I think it's a great idea - not 65 quids worth of idea but I think it will be superb in the winter.

The amount of times I have turned up in a swim for the start of a session and been on dry ground and then it's rained and my winter boots have churned up the ground, ripped the grass etc and created a mudbath between the bizzy and the rods. Using one of these will pretty much stop this from happening.

Have also used the bank saw in it's original version plenty of times - it's superb when you are fishing extremely narrow reedlined swims where it can be used to trim a couple of them back to get the rods through.

gen lol for the comments on the swim maintenance - I used to have the same opinion as Mr Wallet but now have a bandsaw in the car for overgrown swims in the spring and summer. 30 mins later they are opened up and the worlds yer lobster.
    Must be a pain having to barrow around a generator lol

Nash Footpath! Most expensive potato sacks I have ever seen!

Site Connoisseur

Absolute rubbish the tackle companies are running out of ideas

Default And

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon View Post
    I always use a bivvy mat as I like to have something nice and dry to put my feet down on in the morning when I sit and watch the water. It saves weight as I use it rather than a groundsheet. The Trakker bedchair groundsheet now there is another waste of space.
    I’ve used carpet when it’s really cold I tend to use a ground sheet all year round mainly to contain my **** especially useful when fishing boards. It stops damp from rising and the critters at bay sort of.

I use the Matt to protect my ground sheet from wear and add insulation allowing me to sit on it.

I carry a brush to sweep things clean I don’t need to I just feel it is a good solution for keeping my kit clean as I store a lot of it indoors.

Having watched the trade video i can say is i am glad i can fast forward, who buys this stuff?

did anyone notice that the bankside bivvies all appeared to be more than 9 metres from their rods so all technically in breach of their licences if fishing in UK unless its changed!

Beginner Member

Quote Originally Posted by f15hie View Post
    Having watched the trade video i can say is i am glad i can fast forward, who buys this stuff?

did anyone notice that the bankside bivvies all appeared to be more than 9 metres from their rods so all technically in breach of their licences if fishing in UK unless its changed!
    I'm not aware of that as applying nationally nor in my area of Kent. I think it's that anglers just have to be in control of their rods at all times.

Individual fisheries may of course impose extra restrictions.

Beginner Member

As somebody who has fished for carp, for a very long time, i am having a lot of difficulty getting to grips, with how modern carp fishing has evolved.

I did have a break from it, well i actually quit because it was becomming an obsession. When i resumed, or started again, it was actually a shock to my system how things had changed.
    Anyway, over the last few years, i have adapted quite well i think as a “modern carper” and even bought a few gadgets and great innovations (stuff i don’t need)

So, when i see stuff like this offered as part of our tackle, it sets me back again, and i think the whole carp fishing scene has gone nuts!

EXTRACT FROM EA RULES & REGULATIONS

1.6.3 How many rods can I use and how can I use them?
    Summary table on number of rods and rod licence requirements
    Types of fish Rivers, streams, drains and
    canals
    Reservoirs, lakes and ponds
    Salmon, sea trout
    (Migratory trout)
    1 rod 2 rods*
    Trout (Non-migratory),
    Char
    1 rod 2 rods*
    Coarse fish and eels 4 rods*
    * 2 licences required
    You may use up to four rods in any waters when fishing for coarse fish or eel. Please note, if
    you use more than two rods, you will need an additional licence.
    You may only use a single rod when fishing for salmonids in any river, stream, drain or canal.
    You may use up to two rods when fishing for salmonids in all reservoirs, lakes and ponds.
    Please note, if you use two rods, you will need an additional licence.
    When fishing with more than one rod, the total number must not exceed four. This means you
    cannot fish with three or four rods for coarse fish and a further one or two rods for salmonids.

When fishing with more than one rod, the distance between the butts of the end rods must not
    exceed three metres.

You must not leave a rod and line with its bait or hook in the water, such that you are unable
    to take sufficient control of the rod.

These are all national byelaws.
    Last edited by Olly1; 07-10-2017 at 10:54.

Oops my bad

sorry for that

but i still aint buying this tat