Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French venue reccomendations please

Site Regular

Default French venue reccomendations please

Hi lads,
    Having just had a week in France where it rained none stop, cooking etc at the lake side was a nightmare. The lake had a caravan but to use this you obviously had to reel in. Not ideal

Looking for a lake to book for next time. Must accommodate 4 to 6 lads. Ideally 8 to 12 acres. Good stock. And would like double pegs with lake side facilities.

Big ask but if anyone knows anywhere ???

Cheers

Etang Marroles. Some swims have power. But they do an excellent food package

Go in august.. you'll be praying for rain then ��
    The wonder of the world,*
    the beauty and the power,*
    the shape of things,*
    their colours,*lights and shades;*
    these I saw.*
    Look ye also while life lasts".

Site Regular

The Yearly French trip is a social for us, obviously want fish but no good if it rains all week

I might not be reading this correctly but what you’re after is a lake where it doesn’t rain?

Bill's Lakes might be a good shout for you. I fished it a few years back on Lake 3 and it was ideal. They've built a few more shelters since. Cracking stock to over 70lb:

http://www.billslake.com/index.php

Lacs du verger
    Napoleon lake 1

Du verger has 6 single swims, you can cook your dinner in the hut and still fish as long as you have receivers.
    Fish go to upper 50s in orchard and 60s in willow. Both have cooking facilities and its a top class Venue. Been myself 3 times.
    Have a look at napoleon 1 and 2.going myself in couple of years !
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Site Regular

Check out Traque for 6 and Saulles for 4 on the Goncourt complex, both have lodges you can cook in and are on a sort of point so good for socials, Woods on the same complex if you want plenty of action and don't mind cats and grassies but not for me, need to buy ok a couple of years in advance though

I have been this time of year for the last 6 years and it either lashes down or 25 degrees and sunny

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    I might not be reading this correctly but what you’re after is a lake where it doesn’t rain?
    Yes mate your not reading it right... try again...

I'm asking for a lake with double pegs and lake side facilities. As this time it rained all week. We were in single pegs so bivvied up alone PST of the week due to the heavy rain, also the facilities provided were a 10 min walk away from the lake.

If we had double pegs and facilities right on them then the social aspect of the HOLIDAY would of been better

Site Regular

Thanks mate looks spot on

Site Regular

Cheers pal

Site Regular

Thanks pal

Quote Originally Posted by andy12345 View Post
    Yes mate your not reading it right... try again...

I'm asking for a lake with double pegs and lake side facilities. As this time it rained all week. We were in single pegs so bivvied up alone PST of the week due to the heavy rain, also the facilities provided were a 10 min walk away from the lake.

If we had double pegs and facilities right on them then the social aspect of the HOLIDAY would of been better
    Oh right, so if it hadn’t of rained would the lake you fished recently be the sort of lake that you’re after?

Try Val Dore...

We go for a social approx 4- 6 of us. We dont look at double swims that will make the holiday better..i would rather go...fish......few beers...banter etc.

All this can be done easily with a lake that has seperate swims, hutt to cook in etc and still have your rods out and have a beer etc
    Just make sure all have remotes and dont fish stupidly.

rex hunt

Yep but what if it rains ����

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Cider View Post
    Yep but what if it rains ����
    **** the rain !

Im normally too warmed up by the spirits to worry about the rain...and you dont feel it when your in the cooking hutts anyway...

Think he just needs to go and fish for the fish....leave the weather as it is.fished myself in allsorts while in france..the thunder and lightning storms are something else !

rex hunt

Site Regular

No been funny lads but I'm not asking anyone how I should go about my fishing! I'm asking if anyone knows any lakes as described above.

I all year fishing where I put "the fishing first" not the social aspect. But on our yearly "fishing holiday " we want to be able to fish and have a good social. Sat together in comfort. Cheers

We have put venues in front of you though.....

All im saying is theres more to look at than having double swims.most have a cooking hut of some sort.i look for exactly the same as you when me and the lads go for a yearly jolly up.
    some venues do a food package too.i am off to france in a weeks time.ferry to st malo from portsmouth.lakes 9 acres and fish upto low 60s...all the above applies.thays why we booked it !

rex hunt

Site Regular

Looks like napolian

1 or 2 ? I would say 1 ? I am booked for nap 1 for 2019....and nap 2 in.........2021 !

4 of us on 1.....2 on nap 2

My mates been nap 1 last year and said its nicely set up. Small fridge and plug points in all swims..very handy.

rex hunt