Thread: Point and shoot camera for wife

Default Point and shoot camera for wife

Hi can anyone recommend a decent easy to use point and shoot camera for the wife, got a 100 budget , there looks like theres liads out there but rather go with someones recommend, needs a largeish view screen and decent flash if poss, appreciate any tip

Tricky one that fella. I was looking for the same a couple of months ago for the Mrs' birthday.
    Phones are killing the low end compact market and to be honest for the pics you'll achieve with a 100 quid camera you'll likely match them with a Samsung phone or one of the newer iphones!
    I upped the budget to 150 to make it worth the spend. I ended up getting a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX350 for about 130 I think but that was to suit a specific brief regards zoom from the Mrs. Can't say it has a large viewing screen tbh but the flash is OK.

Not much help I know...

Have a look at this page, https://www.ephotozine.com/article/t...ras-2017-17495.

Personally I would look at the Cannon IXUS 180 or 185 a bit cheaper, both under a ton and both good cameras with image stabilisation and decent sensors too, around 20MP i think. Not as many Mega Pixels but a good performer so Im told, is the Lumix DMC-SZ8EB-K. Although I am a Canon man personally.
    playingforchange.com

I had this exact dilemma - ended up buy an older cannon powershot model secondhand for her, which has been brilliant, and she now has an EOS 10D...

Thanks gentlemen