Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pit 2

Frequent User

Default Pit 2

Heard they have lost everything to an oxygen crash.

And ?

I am gutted tbh...fished it couple of times on a guesty and was a water i was looking at fishing maybe in the next few years.
    A crying shame and although i wasnt a member of it.i used to always look at the lake when travelling to the end of the track.
    Im not too qualified to talk about whats happened as i know theres plenty on here that know what actually happened and actually was there witnessing the whole sorry episode.

Feel sorry for all involved but the poor fish and life in that lake wont tbe the same again...well not for a long time anyhow.
    Sad...sad times.

Gutting..truly gutting
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

What a waste, gutting

Terrible shame, had some great fish in there.
    It produced an unbelievable session to very good angler in the 80's, including a 40 + plus mirror. Hushed up at the time.
    I think this is the second fish kill there over the years?

What a waste.

Site Regular

Awful and Not the first time this place has had a fish kill.
    Isn't the lake being lost to HS2?

The 40 it done years ago was always in doubt as the chap never deducted the weight of the sling, and admitted it to friends at the time!!!!
    Wasn't hush either as everyone who fished pit 4 knew about it.

Quote Originally Posted by brey View Post

The 40 it done years ago was always in doubt as the chap never deducted the weight of the sling, and admitted it to friends at the time!!!!
    The first fish kill, well the carp, was down to a dogey fish farmer, I'm not 100% sure ? but sure it was D B ? From Rickmansworth, even got done by the EA
    I was around at the time on 4, seeing the situation then,
    This time there was a oxygen crash, killing of most of the life in the walter,
    and trust me, I helped out last weekend, helping to bag up some stunning fish, some of the carp were stunners, it was terrible scenes
    so gutted for the club and members
    There was still going to be a lake left with the fish with HS2, how bad the situation was going to be for anglers, no one knew,
    sadly now For the foreseeable future,
    The club, and fisheries officers will have to decide, as it's down to them
    Such a sad situation on there

Is this Frimley?
    Get you some of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanmofo View Post
    Is this Frimley?
    Harrow pit 2, Harefield

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by old blue boy View Post
    The first fish kill, well the carp, was down to a dogey fish farmer, I'm not 100% sure ? but sure it was D B ? From Rickmansworth, even got done by the EA
    I was around at the time on 4, seeing the situation then,
    This time there was a oxygen crash, killing of most of the life in the walter,
    and trust me, I helped out last weekend, helping to bag up some stunning fish, some of the carp were stunners, it was terrible scenes
    so gutted for the club and members
    There was still going to be a lake left with the fish with HS2, how bad the situation was going to be for anglers, no one knew,
    sadly now For the foreseeable future,
    The club, and fisheries officers will have to decide, as it's down to them
    Such a sad situation on there
    Yes you are correct mate about where the fish came from, that caused the first fish kill. I was on pit 4 at the time and saw/heard all the goings on, as did the rest of the syndicate as it was then. GLC. It was awful at the time, and to happen again....well. Sad times.

Your are completely wrong, or have been mislead. The 40 was a 40lb 4oz carp, caught by Steve Kearvell, also a pit 4 angler at the time, on June 16th 1988. The fish was weighed and witnessed by Ray Kilham and Paul Kempthorne, also pit 4 anglers at the time. The fish was weighed on three sets of scales, sling deducted, and a minimum weight taken. He went on to catch a 30, a 20. and lost another fish later that day.

It was strict no publicity back then, so the angler had to keep quiet, although many knew about it, including Chris Ball i believe.

Paul Kempthorne, is still a committee member of the club today i'm told, i'm sure he'll confirm.

The captor went on to join Savay and many other waters in the area, still fishes some i think, he's on carp forum if you need any facts.

The first fish kill was because of fish supplied, with a fake health certificate, by a proper crook.

This time round it was nature dealing a bum hand.

very sad. I was a member for a few years, I meet a lovely bunch of bloke, and had some very funny BBQ's on there.
    Angling Trust Number 55370

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Angler View Post
    Your are completely wrong, or have been mislead. The 40 was a 40lb 4oz carp, caught by Steve Kearvell, also a pit 4 angler at the time, on June 16th 1988. The fish was weighed and witnessed by Ray Kilham and Paul Kempthorne, also pit 4 anglers at the time. The fish was weighed on three sets of scales, sling deducted, and a minimum weight taken. He went on to catch a 30, a 20. and lost another fish later that day.

It was strict no publicity back then, so the angler had to keep quiet, although many knew about it, including Chris Ball i believe.

Paul Kempthorne, is still a committee member of the club today i'm told, i'm sure he'll confirm.

The captor went on to join Savay and many other waters in the area, still fishes some i think, he's on carp forum if you need any facts.

The first fish kill was because of fish supplied, with a fake health certificate, by a proper crook.

You know an awful lot. Pmsl.
    Writing about a capture you had 30 years ago under the pretence of being someone else to big it up is a bit sad mate!

You're wrong again with another assumption.
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

You know an awful lot. Pmsl.
    Writing about a capture you had 30 years ago under the pretence of being someone else to big it up is a bit sad mate!
    No unfortunately, not me but, i know steve and paul and ray, and many of the others of that time, very well. You obviously don't, and have written bull****. I was correcting you. As i say, contact steve and ask him if you have doubts, pretty sure he's a long time member here. Or visit the h.a.s. site, it's all there unless there all liars or bull****ters?.

I was commenting about tge history of the place when you chirped in with something that wasn't accurate. I corrected you, no need to have a hissy fit?

Maybe get all your facts straight before posting rubbish, i can prove what i've written, can you?

http://harrowangling.co.uk/trophies/12

Enlarge the trophy picture and look .

Steve no longer has his log in details for here otherwise you'd get the privilege of telling him what you know that he doesn't.
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

Steves capture at the time was the first 40 from the Colne valley, caught from the double i don,t think it ever made 40 again and was usually around 37,38 . I was walking round the lake the day it was caught, and no one told me anything , it was a couple of weeks later that i heard. Pit 2 was mega hard in those days probably only 30 fish in 50 acres, with only a handfull carp anglers, it was a remarkable capture for the time.
    its almost 20 years since i last fished there ,but from what ive heared pit 2 was at its peak when this disaster happened, like before it will take many years to recover,but recover it will and the next generation will enjoy catching some lovely fish even with great big trains going through it

Site Regular

The unknown angler....ok sir. What ever you say, I didn't expect you to come clean. The old saying you can fool some of the people some of the time......etc. Rings true for me here.

Carver.
    I never doubted the actual capture??? I was just saying what I heard at the time. Sorry if you don't like it but that's what we heard. And from what Jeeves stated about the carps usual weight, it's not outside the realms of possibility is it?

Jeeves.
    First 40 from the colne valley???! No mate. Definitely not. Wraysbury had done a 40 years before. Longfield had done 2 different 40's. And what about Harrow? Sure Lee jackson had a 40 years before this.

Lol, Lee Jackson had a Colne Valley 40 in 1983, and I'm damn sure that wasn't the first one.
    I think Fox Pool had done at least one before then ?
    Who keeps banning me, and does it make you feel real powerful ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romans Wallet View Post
    Lol, Lee Jackson had a Colne Valley 40 in 1983, and I'm damn sure that wasn't the first one.
    I think Fox Pool had done at least one before then ?
    I stand corrected, ......what I meant to say was "first 40 from behind the green gate..........unless you know different of course

I know the gate wasn't green back then
    Who keeps banning me, and does it make you feel real powerful ?