Thread: Chest Waders

Default Chest Waders

After 5 years of abuse, by chesties have finally given up and decided to leak in too many places to repair! So I'm in the market for a new pair and looking for recommendations.

Ideally I would like a lightweight pair that are easy to get into in the middle of the night and that will last a long time and not cost the earth!! Asking for too much?

I like the look of the Trakker N2 waders as they look lightweight and appear to come right up under the armpits. However when looking for reviews, someone commented "why would you buy waders manufactured by a company that is renowned for leaky bivvies" which put me off a bit (not sure how true that statement is)?!

I think the Vass ones with yellow straps might be a bit too carpy for me too, but would love to hear reviews and suggestions.

I buy the cheapest pair of rubber waders I can find on ebay - you can usually find some for 20 or so - and replace every few years. I tend to rag them on brambles and treat them too rough to justify spending more on them, and they last surprisingly well. My current pair cost 18 and are three years old now...

Pros waders
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Another thumbs up for Pro Waders!

Pro waders

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
    I buy the cheapest pair of rubber waders I can find on ebay - you can usually find some for 20 or so - and replace every few years. I tend to rag them on brambles and treat them too rough to justify spending more on them, and they last surprisingly well. My current pair cost 18 and are three years old now...
    I had considered that, but was concerned about the quality and fit. Are they any good?

I've read good things about Pros Waders from some older reviews. Are they bulky and heavy though?

Quote Originally Posted by DanFisher View Post
    I had considered that, but was concerned about the quality and fit. Are they any good?
    They fit me fine, albeit I ordered a couple of sizes too big, and have not cracked or split or needed any repairs in three years.

call yourselves carp anglers VASS are the way forward haven't you seen the latest trophy shots from the super stars of carp fishing

you need to look moody in the photos as well

I have had a pair of Greys waders for 8 years but from fly fishing world with separate booties, they seem to go on forever which means they will split next time out

Well........ I happened to be passing Erics Angling at Farlows at lunchtime today, so called in to see what they had and they had the Vass 600, Vass 700, Trakker N2 and Fox Waders and looking at them all, the Vass 600 ones looked great value at 40, so I have given them a go!

sounds good value

remember to practice those moody looks to camera

Did they come with a free chunky knit jumper and hat?

Do what hippy says, cheap pair from eBay and a throw them when done. My last pair did me for 5 years,not bad for 22
    I do what I'm good at and I'm good at what I do!

I tried them out this weekend and am impressed with the quality of them. My last pair were a cheaper brand and they ended up leaking at the stitched seams, so the welded seams of the Vass waders appealed!

I've been working on the moody look for ages and even grown a carpy beard! I would have had to pay extra for the chunky knit jumper and Vass branded hat, so didn't bother. lol

Shave