Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Particle fishing conundrum ?

I've always fished stiffer hooklinks with a size 4 hook sharpened 3 oz lead with a balanced bait so it resets every time.Im getting done big time through the night I'm sure!As I said earlier their getting nailed in the morning when the baits been spread about a bit and less of it.I understand if I put less in and spread it about a tad it might increase my chances but then I don't think I will get such a aggressive feeding situation.

Maybe a running lead?
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    Maybe a running lead?

What your reasoning behind that ?

I wouldn't fish a running rig into weed.

There is nothing thing to say they aren't sucking the bait up from the bottom and not actually feeding hard on the bottom. Hence the reasoning for a longer hooklink I would defo try shorter and longer.

Supple doesn't have to be braid either, the thinking anglers tungston is very supple. Just got to keep trying subtle changes.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzer View Post
    What your reasoning behind that ?
    As kevan says above, subtle changes. We've all seen fish shake their head to get rid of the hook and the lead rips the hook out. Maybe it's that. Use a running lead for a bit and see if that helps. If not then it's one more thing ticked off.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Why are you sharpening your leads?
    Wriggle Wriggle..............

Frequent User

silkworm fish them either 4" long inside of solid bags or fish 15" long with a meshed bag of corn on the end to stop tangles. The hook hold should be corkers.

How about bait up when you leave, then drop on the spot after work? Give them time to spread it out as you say. Sounds like baiting immediately before fishing and the resultant baiting pattern is a factor, coupled with the rig mechanics.

If you have to wait overnight to catch them, despite what you do, then I would try to bait earlier and kick start the whole process when you're not there. Maybe pop down at lunchtime if the lake is close enough?

Anyway, hope you are well!

**sam**

Stick a Ronnie on with a small 12mm bright hookbait over the top. I've done very well on this set up this year over particle.
    The wonder of the world,*
    the beauty and the power,*
    the shape of things,*
    their colours,*lights and shades;*
    these I saw.*
    Look ye also while life lasts".

Site Regular

I agree with the timing of baiting up. Also heavy hook baits and heavy hooklinks.

All great ideas but I'm an hour away from the lake,i only get time to fish not bait up,also there's a strict rule on rigs,hooklinks should be made of same material throughout,chods ronnies withy pool and all manner of fandangled rigs are not allowed.

Multi rig, size 6 or 4 hook with a small 10 - 12mm pop up so it acts like a wafter.

Quote Originally Posted by kevan67 View Post
    Multi rig, size 6 or 4 hook with a small 10 - 12mm pop up so it acts like a wafter.
    I've tried that many times over particle and the same result ! I think I'm going to try fishing less bait 1 or 2 spods on the money.

Site Regular

Interested to know if you solved the issue Mozzer ?
    I was going to suggest fishing the hook bait slightly off the spot if possible ?

Its amazing how they get away with it.

Many years ago when I was relatively new to carp fishing we had the option of using a rowing boat on a syndicate we were fishing. A good firend and fantastic angler (all species) took me out in the boat to bait upa few spots. Now he used to use a lot of bait and we bascially found a few spots we were happy with and filled them in. Then we place the hookbaits over the baited area and made sure all the lines were buried and that our rigs were presented correctly using an aqua scope.

Had lots of liners during the next 24 hours but no takes, we went back out in boat and our spots were gleaming, completely cleard with the exception of our hookbaits. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would never believe it.

In the end we were placing our rigs of the baits spots with little or no bait around them in order to try and induce a bite. It did work and we manged to get amongs the fish but it was far from easy going.

Whenever my m8 used to pre-bait with bolies he would only ever fished singles or stringers during his sessions, he would bait up his spots when he left and also during the week but he never baited up when fishing. He caught a lot of fish this way maybe you need to apply a similar principle if you are pre-baiting and fish with minimum bait during your session.

I fished a water many years ago where I was able to see the baited area. I could not believe it when I had liners and saw fish pick up the hook bait and move it rig and all to one side and drop them off the spot before eating the free offerings. I shortened the rig to 3 inches, increased the lead to a 4oz and next time it was a screaming run.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!