Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Particle fishing conundrum ?

Default Particle fishing conundrum ?

Ive been getting the fish feeding confidently with around 10-15 spombs of mixed particle,a mixture of hemp crushed tigers & partiblend.I do overnighters so the bait is put in just on dark.Rigs used are 8" amnesia on a D-rig with a balanced tiger just enough to counter the hook.Around 2am i start getting lots of big liners for around 2 hrs constantly,the spot is rocking but no bites occur?Fast forward to say 7.30-8am when all the liners have stopped and i need to be out the gate !! i get a take?Ive tried shorting down the hooklink to 4' and using a semi stiff material and yes i get takes on that to but not when the spots going off in the night.Im fishing over hard clay but have found the same problem over gravel and softer silt. Any thought guys??

If you getting liners paul then yr bait is ending up short.....or they arent actually on the spot
    Doubt it rig problem unless yr liners are actually indications of em getting away with it
    new venue found

Dont balance em
    Getting preoccupied on the seeds and fine stuff add few more whole tigers and less seed
    By time you need to leave there prob scent on spot but not alot else
    new venue found

Alright Dave ! its doing my nut in you can set your watch by them,they hit the spot around 2am and im getting constant liners for 2 hrs then around 4am the liners stop they are definatley on the spot.My mates having exactly the same thing on the same lake !! i need to be out the gate early so id prefer to get them in the night

Tried that mate

Tried what i just edited
    new venue found

sorry forgot to say theres plenty of whole tigers in there to !

Ahhh dunno then
    Maybe drop parti n crushed tigers and try maples
    Or simply cut number of spombs mate
    new venue found

Site Regular

maybe its tench

To be fair i have tried a few differrent combos in the bucket,but im not sure thats the answer.Im fishing really tight so i dont think there moving much while feeding,Shorting the hooklink even more could be the answer but im paranoid of tangles !They are obviously coming back to the spot later on and gettin nailed bcos theres less bait and its been spread about during there night time feed.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzer View Post
    To be fair i have tried a few differrent combos in the bucket,but im not sure thats the answer.Im fishing really tight so i dont think there moving much while feeding,Shorting the hooklink even more could be the answer but im paranoid of tangles !They are obviously coming back to the spot later on and gettin nailed bcos theres less bait and its been spread about during there night time feed.
    Fair one mate ,,, maybe just go for it shorten it right up maybe heavier lead too
    new venue found

Caseman theres very few tench in the lake and in the height of the summer when its light very early ive seen my spots erupting,so i can safely say its most likely not tench.

Site Connoisseur

Why would a 4" Amnesia or stiff material tangle?

Same thing happens on my water. I found two ways of dealing with it.

1. Keep the bait going in and eventually they slip up. So when the liners start to slow down, spomb a load more in.

2. Don't use that particle anymore. I swapped over to large pellets and got the same response from the fish but were far more catchable.

Number 1 works on longer sessions but I fish very short morning sessions so need to convert chances quickly. Also number 1 requires taking a lot of bait.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Birchy 4" dont tangle as i use them,but going down even shorter could well do on the lead clip arrangement im using.There are lot of rig restrictions on my water so thats the best option.
    Elty they are extremly cagey of anything landing on top of them,ive tried that spombing over the top of them a they did the off !

Beginner Member

Ive had very similar but realised that a good percentage of the liners were actually fish getting away with it, a 5oz fixed lead (drop-off) instead of normal 3oz sorted the problem, also an un-balanced boilie fished on the bottom instead of a tiger seemed to help with quicker takes. Keep trying changes on one rod until you get improvements.

3 inch braided hooklink inside a small solid bag. heavy drop off lead. Fish by 3am
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

Thanks for the reply guys I have thought of using very heavy leads & short braided hooklinks as well,I dimissed it as I'm fishing very tight in weed so I could end up using a lot of bags lol There is a ban on leads above 3oz but if there drop offs who will know

Have you tried going longer on the hooklinks and hair? it don't always work going shorter. I would be try using as light a lead as I can getaway with and a longer supple hooklink with a bit of foam to stop it tangling.

If they are feeding hard over the rig then you'll need something that will reset as no doubt you'll be getting picked up and spat out. I try to avoid braided rigs if I'm fishing over a fair bit of bait, regardless of what the bait is.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."