Thread: Wasing Estate

Elite (Bronze) dave "the blanker" box's Avatar

Default Wasing Estate

I spoke to the office there the other day and they said you cant go on the waiting list for the specimen lakes until you have been a member on the other lakes.

I was a little disappointed in this to which they said they need to vet the anglers first and that the other lakes have 40s and even 50s in.

My question is why are you allowed to fish for 40s/50s etc on one set of lakes and not the other? do these fish not suffer from poor angling where the ones on the specimen lake do?

Seems very odd and i personally think its just a money making scheme. I cant see all the named anglers having to do the same...
    rome wasnt built in a day

I had the same two years ago when I called up to see where I was on the waiting list after putting my name down 5 years ago! Apparently, when the changed the system everyone was notified by post, but some people were missed, me being one of them.

I can understand why they do it though. They have a large number of waters now, a lot of which are overlooks as everyone wants to get on Cranwells and they want their syndicates full. I know of a few top anglers that have had to adhere to this process and have not heard that anyone has had the privilege of avoiding this.

From what I have seen, a lot of the lakes have great stock and one lake in particular has a lot unknowns. It will be interesting to see if the loss of the Parrot will speed up the waiting lists and if things change in the future.

It is well worth a look at their other lakes. It's not just about the one lake.

And didn't mid Kent operate this system for years?
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    And didn't mid Kent operate this system for years?
    No
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

They did something similar, you had to have a tier 2 ticket for x amount of time before being allowed a tier 1 ticket I.e. Conningbrook

Disclaimer, I may have worded it wrong but that was the just of it, so, nope isn't strictly right is it ?
    Who keeps banning me, and does it make you feel real powerful ?

Having bailiffed wasing for ten years until very recently when I decided to leave to concentrate elsewhere, I can categorically say that they do not and never have let anyone so called named anglers or not jump the que. I know they have been offered substantial amounts by peoplw to be allowed to do so and they have been refused.

What I will say is that there is another water with a known 40 in it. But not any proven 50s and tomy knowledge that water has only done one 40, but the potential is there for bigger.

They had over 300 people on the cranwells list at one point which meant a wait of more than a lifetime at the rate of drop outs at that time. So, I think they came up with the teired system as a way of coping with that and also allowing them to assess peoples ability and behaviour before being offered a cranwell ticket.

This was in place prior to the parrot becoming the record.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romans Wallet View Post
    They did something similar, you had to have a tier 2 ticket for x amount of time before being allowed a tier 1 ticket I.e. Conningbrook

Disclaimer, I may have worded it wrong but that was the just of it, so, nope isn't strictly right is it ?
    Oh I dunno then. I was a mk member for 10+ years and remember being asked if I wanted the 1. I think a lot of that went down to how many tier 2s had been left over each year
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon View Post
    Having bailiffed wasing for ten years until very recently when I decided to leave to concentrate elsewhere, I can categorically say that they do not and never have let anyone so called named anglers or not jump the que. I know they have been offered substantial amounts by peoplw to be allowed to do so and they have been refused.

What I will say is that there is another water with a known 40 in it. But not any proven 50s and tomy knowledge that water has only done one 40, but the potential is there for bigger.

They had over 300 people on the cranwells list at one point which meant a wait of more than a lifetime at the rate of drop outs at that time. So, I think they came up with the teired system as a way of coping with that and also allowing them to assess peoples ability and behaviour before being offered a cranwell ticket.

The quote of 40s and even a 50 in the other lakes was from the fishery manager.

I just find it strange you can fish for some of there big fish in some lakes but not their other lakes. I can only assume these fish are not as valued or its just case of cashing in on peoples previous desperation to catch the Parrot. I thought id drop them an email as now the great fish has passed it may go back to normal a bit.

Anyway, because in my email i said that i thought it was a money making scheme and that i think carp fishing is becoming a bit of a monopoly, the fishery manager Mark Hibbs said that I'm now banned from the complex, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by lyndon View Post

Tomy Knowledge...........................he knew his stuff
    Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

Bloody nice bloke Tomy is as well!

Site Connoisseur

It's basically a way of making you pay to go on the waiting list. Nothing to do with making sure you are confident handling fish as you would still get the ticket should you not of actually fished the venue you had the ticket for while on the waiting list

Just a way of filling the other not so popular or prolific syndicates simple as that
    52% er !!

"During times of Universal deceit, telling the Truth becomes a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Romans Wallet View Post
    correct