Thread: Shimano 4000 D " uk version"

Default Shimano 4000 D " uk version"

Hi, if anyone knows of anywhere selling these could you let me know , these are the ones with a sensible knob on the handle not the u s huge thing, appreciate a heads up

Sorry mate no thats the "oc" version

Johnson Ross - I bought one recently and I'm seriously impressed with it. Has a Gold metal spool (which actually looks good with a cork handle). When the clutch comes into play during a fight the sound is almost Center pin like (but not as loud)
    I replaced a 4000 Aero Ci4 with the 4000 D and feel like it's a much better reel. Currently using it for Barbel fishing and will be my stalking and float rod reel also.

https://johnsonrosstackle.co.uk/shim...000d-reel.html

Frequent User

I was under the impression that there was only one version of the 4000D. Only 6000 and greater being available as EU versions or US (dirty great round ball handle) versions. I have a few 4000Ds, bought well before the EU versions existed. Some were imported direct from the USA. All of them have the same rounded triangle, flat paddle. It's not the chunky oblong of the bigger EU versions (and the OC linked earlier), nor the huge ball of the big US versions. Half the problem is that the various retailers use fairly random pics on their websites.
    Fabricatum Diem, Pvnc!

Thanks again

Ordered from johnson ross here tomoz all good thanks

Site Regular

I recently bought two of the thunnus 4000 model, which is the ci4 variant and some extra bits and bobs, very impressed, but had to jump through hoops to get them from Germany...