Thread: Undiscovered stream!

Beginner Member

Default Undiscovered stream!

Discovered an extremely hidden and hard to get to stream today smothered in brambles and nettles way over 6 foot high (I'm 6ft and they was towering me!) when I finally got to the waters edge it was absolutely stunning, water lilies and crystal clear, I noticed one of the lily pads slightly lift so straight away knew there was carp! Ran home to grab my telescopic 6ft rod. I throw a couple of bits of bread in and almost straight away a group of six almost jet black carp came to feed, managed to catch one with in minutes around 7lb, the stream is around 12ft wide and runs for about 150 yards, just wondering if anyone thinks there could be some double figures in there? Know for a fact it hasn't been fished before as there no other possible routes to it and I had to trek through a jungle to get there! What could be the potential size of carp found there?

Sounds like there could be the mystery of a legend...

Reckon nessie could be in there mate.them pads liftng up were probably her mate. Be quiet about it
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Impossible to answer that really but I would bait an area for a week or so close in so you can see it and keep an eye on what comes along. If the water is crystal clear you should be able to see a few fish visiting the spot.

Frequent User

Quote Originally Posted by Millis3 View Post
    Discovered an extremely hidden and hard to get to stream today smothered in brambles and nettles way over 6 foot high (I'm 6ft and they was towering me!) when I finally got to the waters edge it was absolutely stunning, water lilies and crystal clear, I noticed one of the lily pads slightly lift so straight away knew there was carp! Ran home to grab my telescopic 6ft rod. I throw a couple of bits of bread in and almost straight away a group of six almost jet black carp came to feed, managed to catch one with in minutes around 7lb, the stream is around 12ft wide and runs for about 150 yards, just wondering if anyone thinks there could be some double figures in there? Know for a fact it hasn't been fished before as there no other possible routes to it and I had to trek through a jungle to get there! What could be the potential size of carp found there?
    Sounds like my sort of water! I love these quiet hidden away little gems that can contain surprisingly large carp!

Quote Originally Posted by wingnuttz View Post
    Sounds like my sort of water! I love these quiet hidden away little gems that can contain surprisingly large carp!
    Found a couple myself in a similar situation, but they were larger forgotten ponds and right out of the way from anywhere with no fishing.
    There were perch and rudd present and a nice mirror that I caught (looked very old) one evening on a floater after tracking him down.

It now contains a dozen or so some Leneys (hand picked) and a couple of 'true' leathers (genuine scaleless ones with the missing dorsal fin ray) and has been left back alone again for some lucky person to discover in years to come.............
    <>< "A good angler can tell good stories....." ><>

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post

It now contains a dozen or so some Leneys (hand picked) and a couple of 'true' leathers (genuine scaleless ones with the missing dorsal fin ray) and has been left back alone again for some lucky person to discover in years to come.............
    great work Nat , nice gesture for the future explorers

Quote Originally Posted by carphooker View Post
    great work Nat , nice gesture for the future explorers
    Done a couple more since carphooker, all with previously no existing stock and no angling. Someone may or may not find the treasures should they look hard enough
    <>< "A good angler can tell good stories....." ><>

i know of a few similar 'seeded' waters local to me , will have a look on a nice summers day in a few years time .....