Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ridge monkey stove

Did the owner of the stove contact RM direct to voice his concerns, or did he whinge about it on a forum like you?

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by j-d View Post
    of course it isnt mine! why would you think i would buy one
    Just wondering where you got the picture from that's all, a friend??

I spent the 90 on the duo stove. For the short time I've used it. It's been spot on. As far as the price point it's about the same as my previous stove , which was a trakker cg3 at 45 a piece. The quality also seems pretty good to and again no worse than anything else available with a 'carp tax' on it.
    As performance goes it's also very good and burns and heats evenly. I will also add that this has to be the most stable stove I've used in as much that my pots pans kettle and monkey toaster sit on it well, without it becoming a balancing act while canterlevering handles and utensils to keep it steady. As for it being made in Asia / china. Well what isn't made there these days? If they can last the test of time only long term use will tell. But for the time being I'm happy with mine.

Frequent User

Fake news? Suppose I better quarantine mine until I hear further.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Cider View Post
    Did the owner of the stove contact RM direct to voice his concerns, or did he whinge about it on a forum like you?
    posted on facebook and created a negative bandwagon without contacting the supplier.

#standard

I see this rubbish has started blowing up and falling apart, RidgeMonkey desperately trying to delete posts and pictures where they can.
    Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by chodnod punisher View Post
    I spent the 90 on the duo stove. For the short time I've used it. It's been spot on. As far as the price point it's about the same as my previous stove , which was a trakker cg3 at 45 a piece. The quality also seems pretty good to and again no worse than anything else available with a 'carp tax' on it.
    IMO you can't really use the price of Trakker stoves to determine whether the RM offers good value. All the Trakker stoves are available off the bay at less than half the price without the Trakker label. I had the cg3 without the logo, cost me less than 20 quid iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by yonny View Post
    IMO you can't really use the price of Trakker stoves to determine whether the RM offers good value. All the Trakker stoves are available off the bay at less than half the price without the Trakker label. I had the cg3 without the logo, cost me less than 20 quid iirc.
    As no doubt you will be able to with the Ridgemonkey in the near future.

Ive also failed to find an unbranded trakker cg3 stove
    for half the money.

As no doubt you will be able to with the Ridgemonkey in the near future.
    For sure mate!

Ive also failed to find an unbranded trakker cg3 stove for half the money.
    I just typed 'stove with preheat tube' into the bay search bar and the first thing to come up was the unbranded cg3 @ 22 quid odd:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-Ca...kAAOSwKVFZlrge

The funniest one I spotted was the Nash Moon Chair. Twenty quid unbranded off the bay, 120 quid from Nash, exactly the same thing lol....

Another good'n is the Cyprinus Base Camp Flatbed which is a re-branded Wychwood Tactical bedchair, I saw these as low as 60 quid, wish I had got one as I can't find them that cheap any more and my Tactical recently broke.... FFS.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the cg3 is just the Bulin T4 which is available off Amazon within the UK at 23 quid.

Yeh it definitely is mate , good find. I am however very happy with the monkey stove so far

Quote Originally Posted by yonny View Post
    stove with preheat tube'
    What's the preheat tube bit on the Ebay pics Ian - Is it that white ceramic looking bit
    The first rule of Baitboat Club is you don't talk about Baitboat Club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuttifrutti View Post
    What's the preheat tube bit on the Ebay pics Ian - Is it that white ceramic looking bit
    Its the metal bar that goes over the top of the stove
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

Quote Originally Posted by kapscarper View Post
    Its the metal bar that goes over the top of the stove
    That. It sends the gas over the flame to warm it prior to actually burning it. Means it works in low temps where gas stoves without a pre-heat tube (such as the RM) won't. They're really effective.

Ridgemonkey have now put a recall relating to 2 different serial numbers on the quad connect stove

I've got both of those serial numbers. �� That's a really poor show but at least they did the right thing by recalling them

Site Regular

Its basiclly going to be any in circulation now as if its like most serial numbers its the july build doubt the 2nd boat is over from china yet carrying august builds
    One of them is for the primary and the other serial is the secondary
    Potentially could be as many 18 or nearly 19k if they made 9999 of each in the month