Thread: baboons 6000h spools qd'ed

Elite (Bronze)

Default baboons 6000h spools qd'ed

hi all anyone know if you can qd baboons bum 6000h spools,if so who does these thanks in advance

Site Regular

Its the cap rather than the spool thats qd'd

Elite (Bronze)

yes thought it was,any ideas who does them

You can do them yourself easy enough. I done my baboons and tourneys. Its just a case of taking off the cap then if you turn it over you'll see its in 2 parts. If you drill the heads off the little dot bits you can see on the underside the 2 pieces will come apart. Make sure you don't drill all the way through the cap though. Once you have it it 2 parts the inside of the cap consists of a spring and the threaded bit that screws the cap to the reel. To make the cap qd you can simply swap the spring for an 8mm lock nut(it was a long time ago I done mine but pretty sure its 8mm but could be 10mm) either way you'll know what size is right because it will sit in the top part of the cap which has a hexagon recess perfectly. You also need to drill the bore of the lock nut out so it's slightly bigger. Think you drill out a 8mm nut with a 10mm drill but like I said been a while. Once you've drilled the nut you then reassemble the cap. Original threaded piece in first then lock nut then lower part of drag cap. Couple of drops of superglue to hold the 2 bits back together and you're done. Worked for me and a couple of mates I've done it for.
    not exactly fast an furious olly!

Elite (Bronze)

thanks pal but a bit too hamfisted to even try,thats why I was asking if anyone knows who does them