Thread: Fox Horizon XT 13ft 3-5 oz

Frequent User

Default Fox Horizon XT 13ft 3-5 oz

Hi guys , looking at the the above rods .. Any reviews on them please guys.
    Cheers
    Bill

John Carver uses them but as far as I'm concerned Fux can go suck a egg. Chink fodder,buy British, buy Harrison.
    Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

John Maynard Keynes

A mate had the 12ft versions and snapped the top 4 inchs off on an 80 yard chuck. Returned it to fox and they replaced it instantly saying yes it's common problem.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Site Connoisseur

I have them, absoloutely great for chucking leads about, not the best fish playing rods but I dont think any out n out distance rod is.
    Dont know what you currently use but would say to get the best out of any rod you need to how to use it, I have had a few days with Terry Edmonds now and that is beneficial to anyone.
    Good luck with it all

I owned a set of these a few years back and never had any problems with them breaking.

Great rod at a very good price for distance fishing btu as jamesh2 said they are not that great for playing fish on but will whack a lead a long a way if thats what you want.

Frequent User

Have infinity df 13ft 3.3/4 at the moment and can hit 140 yards .. Just wondered if these were better distance rods.. Thinner / lighter ..more like a Trebuchet lite ?

I own the 12' 3 3/4 dfs and I bought 1 13ft 3-5oz xt as it was going cheap and I'd just had a lesson with Terry edmonds so thought I'd get one see if it made a difference. No doubt it will put a lead further that the infinity with far less effort but then mine are only 12'. I wrapped up 140 and hit the clip easily with a baited rig with the xt so they do cast well. They are however very heavy to hold and picking up an infinity after feels like picking up a match rod. I'm happy to use it when needed but for anything under 120 I'd much rather fish with the infinitys.
    not exactly fast an furious olly!

Frequent User

Thanks guys ... Think I'll give them a miss