Thread: Tangles

Default Tangles

Hi, im going to be using a braid hooklink in conjuction with a lead clip, what would be best behind the lead to prevent any tangles, tubing or flouro leader? Would a pva bag with a couple of pva nuggetts on the hook help or hinder do you think, most of the fishing is a gentle lob or underarm and its quite a silty bottom, would appreciate your thoughts

Heavy tubing would be my choice mate.and yep i would do a nugget too just to be sure it landed ok.also helps baiting up.
    You thought about a running lead set up ? You would get a few more takes fishing close in as everyones doing the same with the clips.
    Try it mate...you may be surprised !
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

If it's short range then just watch the rig in flight. You'll see if it balls up around the lead.

Personally I don't find that what's behind the lead makes any difference to if the rig wants to tangle round it, or not. Little anti tangle sleeve on the swivel end of the rig is what works for me.

But then I only fish inline set ups so tangles aren't such an issue.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Thanks , prob go for tubing as that will prob sink into the silt and not be too obvious, small pva on hook and i think im sorted thanks lads

Elite (Bronze) dave "the blanker" box's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    If it's short range then just watch the rig in flight. You'll see if it balls up around the lead.

Personally I don't find that what's behind the lead makes any difference to if the rig wants to tangle round it, or not. Little anti tangle sleeve on the swivel end of the rig is what works for me.

But then I only fish inline set ups so tangles aren't such an issue.
    Ditto, i use a supple hook link, distance inline lead on lead core, simplish knotless knot with an 18mm bottom bait. i can throw that set up all day with no foam or bag and it never tangles. was fishing on the weekend at about 160 yards range. caught no carp but caught 47 snotties so it works
    rome wasnt built in a day

Interesting, im assuming youre using a braid hooklink, do you use a anti tangle sleeve on the braid attatched to the swivel?

no anti tangle sleeve, just tied straight to the swivel. I found attaching it to the swivel with a standard loop arrangement caused the odd tangle. it looks really simple and a bit basic but the mechanics of it are brilliant imo

Thanks mate food for thought

Interesting as I've found In-lines tangle as frequently as the lead can spin I even checked the line for twist this happens with or without PVA bag.

A two bait stringer on a helicopter rig has always done well.

But then I think it's down to Rod, Size of Lead, Line and a range in which the rig is cast and of course the cast itself that makes for a smooth cast and rig flight.

Quote Originally Posted by dave "the blanker" box View Post
    Ditto, i use a supple hook link, distance inline lead on lead core, simplish knotless knot with an 18mm bottom bait. i can throw that set up all day with no foam or bag and it never tangles. was fishing on the weekend at about 160 yards range. caught no carp but caught 47 snotties so it works
    It would take me about 3 chucks to reach that kind of range! And good luck watching the rig as it goes out!

Simple definitely is the way forward for anti tangle.
    Pink reel seats on your rods?!
    -------------
    "I like netting your fish...DROP OFF YOU SIMMO...."

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    It would take me about 3 chucks to reach that kind of range! And good luck watching the rig as it goes out!

Simple definitely is the way forward for anti tangle.
    Suppose it depends more on the line and rod not so much the angler. fast action 13ft rods, 3.5 oz distance inline and 0.32 mono did the trick