Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crypto Currencies.. Bitcoin etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    It isn't a virus, but a script/code within websites which then take a large chunk of your CPU to mine crpyto. I've heard about it but never been prompted to its use until logging on here today!
    According to Mr Google its malware and nothing to do with mining bitcoins its just the name of the script has "miner" in it.

Quote from Remove Malware

"The main purpose of JS:MINER-C is to display ads on your PC and to hijack your browser by changing its settings. "

Here is a page telling you how to remove it from your computer should you not have anti virus that has stopped it from running http://greatis.com/blog/howto/remove-jsminer-c.htm

Heres the image I got from Avast

threat.jpg
    playingforchange.com

It isn't a virus, but a script/code within websites which then take a large chunk of your CPU to mine crpyto. I've heard about it but never been prompted to its use until logging on here today!
    Yes could be, heres the details.

"The main purpose of JS:MINER-C is to display ads on your PC and to hijack your browser by changing its settings. "

Here is a page telling you how to remove it from your computer should you not have anti virus that has stopped it from running http://greatis.com/blog/howto/remove-jsminer-c.htm

playingforchange.com

If admin dont fix this I will stop coming here, this site just isnt safe any more
    playingforchange.com

I'm under the impression a few major places (Bloomberg is potentially 1) may soon allow options & futures...

Even buying and selling can be stopped if a particular site is having too much traffic, bitcoin becomes easily congested with all of the transactions during these peaks and troughs and you can't do anything bar watch the price move.

Litecoin has had a very good 24hrs!
    The CBEO started trading BTC monthly futures today, but you need a LOT of money to trade 1 contract (1 contract is 5 BTC) with a massive margin requirement - roughly means you need £25k to buy or sell a contract, I imagine this is to cover any large spike that BTC does tend to have.

LTC is on the move yeah - might be down to recent high transfer (tx) prices for bitcoin, I got charged £12 just to transfers my little 0.1 BTC to my nano ledger from bitfinex the other day. I don't want mine on any exchange and want to take advantage of the 4 or 5 BTC hard forks that might be happening through december (free money)

I have been getting some IOTA coin (IOTA/BTC) - for free by mining Electroneum, then sending them to Cryptopia wallet, exchanging for LTC to send to Finex to buy IOTA! (ltc tx price is very cheap compared to btc) Bit of a faff and a bit lossy but free.

Might be worth you mining some electroneum Ozzy - nice easy way to get into mining and can mine from CPU or GPU on any PC/phone.

They started trading at $0.01 and now $0.10 - tipped to got to $1 with them some people say $10 > $30! "Crypto for the masses) and UK based.
    <>< "A good angler can tell good stories....." ><>

Quote Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post
    Yes could be, heres the details.

There is definitely something going on here - if you check your task manager Chrome.exe goes to 100% CPU usage when you open the Angler Forum Webpage - this is problem. I will stop using this website very soon if this doesnt get fixed.
    <>< "A good angler can tell good stories....." ><>

Site Regular

what exchange is the big question. wherever you look there are horror stories.

glad i bought some litecoin early doors today :-)

It isn't a virus, but a script/code within websites which then take a large chunk of your CPU to mine crpyto.

Guess a lot of 'free' hosting websites may use it to recoup some of the costs.
    And you dont call that a virus?

Perhaps when your not using your car I can take it for a spin and how about I come round and cook my diner in your kitchen when your not using it?

Its theft whatever way you look at it and its only unscrupulous web masters that would use it. Oh and whos to say the script hasnt been altered to do something more sinister?
    playingforchange.com

Frequent User

Can anyone recommend a decent exchange for buying Ripple? Have used Coinbase for litecoin but they don’t have it. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by zammo81 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a decent exchange for buying Ripple? Have used Coinbase for litecoin but they donít have it. Cheers
    You need to buy BTC/Litecoin and then send it to another exchange to buy Ripple, Kraken & Binance are what most people recommend. I have used Binance myself to buy Ripple.

The markets have been very volatile of late, I can imagine a lot of people have been caught out expecting to make a quick buck.