Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooks

Hybrid Tackle

Site Regular

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Elty View Post
    I use deception hooks. They now do a few other bits but still mainly hooks. All hooks are hand checked for sharpness, apparently. Started with just their twg hooks but now all my hooks are deception.

I had a go with these too....as i see them at sandown think it was so got some...
    Well....after i had 2 hooks straighten out on me..yes 2.....i told matey wht had happened and he didnt believe me and he deleted my post on his facebook page !
    I since told him again but couldnt give a rats arse......needless to say never bought his hooks again !
    I use the esp cryogen nowadays for all my rigs...including the ronnie.
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

hope the cryogens have changed as I found the points went on the early batches really quickly. seemed to be a very soft metal.

Theres more variety of the cryogens now.i use the gripper ones mostly but the newer ones for the ronnie..cant remember the name of em now tho..
    Always sharp though
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Elite (Bronze)

Out of the pack..? Sod that... Just get onto Jase H at sshooks and have him supply your hooks... To my mind anyone else is simply a copy, there is no way I can get anywhere close to that level...

Atmoic for me over the last couple of years since getting back into my carp angling. I've only ever really used Drannan hooks in a lifetime of angling prior to the Atomics.

I do like korda wide gapes but just love the finish and strength of the chodda's (the closest your ever get to a stiff rigger mk1) and the grabba. They are super strong, sharp enough from the packet and can be honed well by a novice with a file.

Of topic - the sharpest hook I've ever found out of the packet are the drennan barbel hook and the range of sizes in unrivalled. Mega hook for bottom baits and surface fishing. Don't fish ziggs, if I did, these would be the ones.
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner