Thread: Mainline tigers

Default Mainline tigers

Be just got a tub of the new pva friendly tigers. I've opened the tub to add a few to my mix for the weekend. How long am I looking at before them go off! It says 2 years if sealed but surely now I've broken the seal to get some out and only screwed the put back together surely that's not sealed. Am I being totally thick. It has been a long week at work. The amount you get in a tub would last me all summer!!!
    live life well

i've got one of the large jars of Dynamite frenzied tigers, about a quarter left and best before date of Dec 2013, they're fine and still catching. Keep them in the fridge or cool and they'll be ok.
    I'd hit that !!!!!!

Yep, I just throw mine in the freezer between sessions
    Get you some of that!

I have the same, I have covered them in blended fish oil and rock salt
    That way they should keep in the tub.

The hemp and spod mix jars last a long time when open so theres no reason the tigers won't. Great product and we'll worth 5 quid a jar
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

Site Regular

I may be talking a complete load of tosh here
    But
    If you squeeze all the air back out and then tighten the lid back up it might help
    Ive just bagged up and taken the air out of a tub of mixed particle and going to freeze one and keep one in the van for a week or so and see what happens

Should be OK framey.

I don't get all this particles for PVA.....5 quid a go for a little pot of tigers...I bought the ccmoore tigers to see what they were like..just a one off last year and once opened they lasted about a week.
    Waste of money

I should have stuck to what I know and done me own from scratch....to which I have done since.
    I see you get them 3 kilo tubs of hemp maize partiblend etc etc..but 13 quid !

If people knew how to cook all their own particles and where to get them from I'm sure they would have a re think on how much money they waste on bait

Then again....people moan about a ticket price going up 2 but spend 50 on particle to feed the bream...
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

Site Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    Should be OK framey.

I don't get all this particles for PVA.....5 quid a go for a little pot of tigers...I bought the ccmoore tigers to see what they were like..just a one off last year and once opened they lasted about a week.
    Waste of money

I should have stuck to what I know and done me own from scratch....to which I have done since.
    I see you get them 3 kilo tubs of hemp maize partiblend etc etc..but 13 quid !

If people knew how to cook all their own particles and where to get them from I'm sure they would have a re think on how much money they waste on bait

Then again....people moan about a ticket price going up 2 but spend 50 on particle to feed the bream...
    Normally i would prep my own parti up but ran out and never bothered to re stock up as i only use it occasionally.
    Just easier at the time to buy a tub and then you open it and never use it all so thought id give it a go this way so it doesnt hurt the pocket as much

I've been using them for over 6 months and the hemp I've had open for a month and it hadn't gone off
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain