Thread: Cygnet Banksticks and Buzz Bars

Elite (Bronze)

Default Cygnet Banksticks and Buzz Bars

Good evening guys,

I have been looking at getting something a little lighter than my Steve Neville stainless.

All I really need to know is what people think of the Cygnet stuff and what model they have used or still use?

It looks as if the sticks may scratch easily? I may be wrong, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

I've got some of the short and stubby bank sticks - good quality, light weight and can't be beaten given the price! I've not managed to scratch them and I'm not exactly careful with them.

Site Regular

I bought 4 minimal banksticks and 4 buzz bars (2 x 2 rod setup) and used them once; not very happy with them. The grub screws don't hold the banksticks in place, two of the screw threads are not cut deep enough so there is a gap between the bankstick and buzz bar. General build quality is very hit and miss. I've already gone back to my trusty solar single sticks.

I swapped my stainless for 2 x 2 rod snugs set ups last year and it's one of the best things I've done!! Weighs next to nothing and for approx. 50 got 4 x 2 rod bars, stabilisers and a selection of different length sticks. It gets used 2-3 nights a week and I am surprised the paint hasn't come off the sticks!

I've had some cygnet stuff for over 10 years and its faultless. Doesn't get used since I got my jag stuff but got hammered before that and absolutely no complaints
    Edited for the sensitive prissy meow meows we entertain

Honest, well priced functional kit.

More than happy with the 20/20 stuff I've used for the last 18 months.

Pounds for Oz's, probably the best.
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner

I have a couple of sets of snugs and also the chunky stuff. All be faultless - light, well priced, and the sticks haven't scratched up too much, except right down by the points. Sold all my stainless.