Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carping etiquette gone out window ?

Default Carping etiquette gone out window ?

I am miffed tbh....

Fishing Saturday night....I have a swim with approx 50 yards of islands to myn left IN MY WATER.....so I line up casting along my tree line....then a bloke comes round...I'm fishing that bit mate.....!!!

He was casting approx 60 yards to get to my water....when the swim he was in was a little corner type swim and he should be fishing no more than 20 yards and I said..that's all this swims water mate !! His reply....

That's OK...I will cast further right then...wtf ?
    To which he carried on regardless and I lost one...
    Great night that was...

I don't know how people do it..seriously people ain't got a clue

Discuss...
    thank your mother for the rabbits...

rex hunt

one of the reasons i pick my waters very carefully these days , i cant be having things like that happening on my limited time to fish......

well run syndicates or waters with a hard reputation are the starting points.....

People with little to no experience. I still meet them on one syndicate I fish and it's a pretty hard water. Bit that and the other club I belong to discourages morons by having a rule book longer than your arm.

Surprised he didn't ask you to keep topping up his spots

Quote Originally Posted by jeames View Post
    I am miffed tbh....

Fishing Saturday night....I have a swim with approx 50 yards of islands to myn left IN MY WATER.....so I line up casting along my tree line....then a bloke comes round...I'm fishing that bit mate.....!!!

He was casting approx 60 yards to get to my water....when the swim he was in was a little corner type swim and he should be fishing no more than 20 yards and I said..that's all this swims water mate !! His reply....

Great night that was...

Discuss...

i do an induction at my venues, where things like this are explained to prospective new members, if they do stuff like this, they get given their money back and asked to leave.

Apparently he's known for it, As I was told afterwards...all anglers on the lake are pretty decent people and do have etiquette....I suppose you get the odd one on most lakes.be wary next time I think.

I didn't want to cause a fuss as I had my daughter with me. So let it go...although losing one made it worse !

rex hunt

Another reason why I only fish 15 yards out at most, preferably 15 inches out in fact. Had a 31lber just today two feet out. When asked where I caught it from just pointed to the distant islands :-)

The reason why I only fish 2 or 3 times a year these days. I got fed up with people doing stuff like that.

I remember this time last year I was fishing a FAS water (my own fault I know) and there was a guy walking around with a huge bucket full of mixers spraying every inch of water including the area I was fishing! I had a polite word but apparently the "bailiff" said it was the best way of catching them. I couldn't be bothered to argue so just packed up and went home. That was the last time I fished.

In all fairness it seems to be all aspect of fishing, its just too popular now with people ( you cant even call them anglers) just thinking that they can get away with anything and do what they want.

I just cant be a$$ed with it anymore which is a shame

And there you have the sole purpose of the AI and now Gardner weed rakes.

Cast into my water at your peril....

It isn't angling moral, it's life moral - treat as you'd like to be treated - simple really.
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner

I am miffed tbh....

Great night that was...

Discuss...
    Sounds like you should have gone to see where he was fishing before you pitched up, assuming you can fish wherever.

I fish some spots from different swims, giving different line lay. Nothing wrong with that.

But if he was already fishing and you rocked up, surely you're the one without etiquette?

Laughable that one..

He...i said he...was fishing a tiny corner of the lake where a cast of 20 yards is normal...and 100% in that swim.
    The swim i was in has an island stretching 100 yards up the lake on my left...and this swim commands upto 50 yards along it. The next swim that can fish from 50yrds and beyond on that island is approx 80 yards up from the corner swim where he was fishing.so basically...he hasnt any right to fish the island....hence this thread !!!!!!
    If id have seen or known he was fishing that far up..i would have left it at that and fished another swim.so its all down to donkey **** that this thread started !

rex hunt

Looking at some of the pricks who inhabit my local waters its only going to get worse!

Laughable?

Why assume though?

Easy enough to pop round, ask the question and make your decision then, rather than assume, and get the hump because he's already fishing there.

I was fishing a lake in Kent a few years back and some proper Essex chav rocked up and started to cast his great big AI & Gardner weed rake all over the place !

Elite (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by youngie3213 View Post
    Another reason why I only fish 15 yards out at most, preferably 15 inches out in fact. Had a 31lber just today two feet out. When asked where I caught it from just pointed to the distant islands :-)
    Same as! Love fishing as close to the edge as possible, also it annoys the blokes who have set up opposite and cast over (so they can be noisy) which is against the club rules.

Also as one of the lakes I fish is a mixed fishery and has a couple of "float" fishing only swims, I've been having a go on the waggler, FAF when I get asked what I caught on and reply "a waggler" the look on their faces when I have to explain what float fishing is!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goooey View Post
    Laughable?

Why assume though?

Easy enough to pop round, ask the question and make your decision then, rather than assume, and get the hump because he's already fishing there.
    I didn't think twice about popping round to see him...as I didn't think I would be limited to 20 yards !
    Bottom line is he was out of order !

rex hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Medway View Post
    I was fishing a lake in Kent a few years back and some proper Essex chav rocked up and started to cast his great big AI & Gardner weed rake all over the place !
    your still my PB Meds

Hope all is well.
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner

Ffs..

Its like banging me head on a brick wall. Leave it there regards talking to you...if you think it's OK to fish other peoples water...crack on.just not next to me.

rex hunt

Ffs..

Its like banging me head on a brick wall. Leave it there regards talking to you...if you think it's OK to fish other peoples water...crack on.just not next to me.
    He wasn't fishing other peoples water's till you turned up.
    Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

Site Regular

What are you talking about, if there is not another person on the lake do as you please. This has happened to me few times and ALWAYS the person has reeled the rod in and said go ahead mate it's your water.
    aint easy being cheesy