Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tempest

Default Tempest

I've been on the lookout for a replacement for my fox evolution brolly

I normally only fish single nights and day sessions , so the need for a fully blown bivvy type shelter wasn't needed

I considered the fox supa 50 inch system but seeing it today it's just to big and heavy

So I think I've narrowed it down to the trakker tempest brolly

Had it set up in the tackle shop today and was well impressed with how quick it goes up and then packs away

My question is , are there any know issues with this model ??

Any feedback would be great
    ''female barbel are easy to recognise by their nagging on the way to the net''

Loads of positive threads on here - had mine for well over a year and no issues whatsoever, beyond tearing a small hole pulling it through brambles. I have the groundsheet and utility front and carry on using it through the winter too.

Like hippy I've had mine over a year now....no issues whatsoever ...great small shelter
    "Rackin' Frackin' Vermit Rabbit".... YNWA...

do a search , everyone loves them , including me .....

Had one as couldn't fine a tempest air in stock. Had it for 3 days and sold it and how got an air on order....was nothing like a tempest air. Very flimsy plastic block looks like it will break only good thing was the tension strap and a gram lighter than an air but imo once you've had a tempest air nothing comes close... unfortunately even it's newer cousin the tempest brolly.
    Get you some of that!

Tempest Air around 400, brolly around 190, not really surprised the Air is better quality.

I have the brolly and for the price I really believe there is nothing better on the market.

the composite and brolly have been around a while now and I've not heard any stories of the block breaking ?
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Quote Originally Posted by wiganstu View Post
    I've been on the lookout for a replacement for my fox evolution brolly

I normally only fish single nights and day sessions , so the need for a fully blown bivvy type shelter wasn't needed

I considered the fox supa 50 inch system but seeing it today it's just to big and heavy

So I think I've narrowed it down to the trakker tempest brolly

Had it set up in the tackle shop today and was well impressed with how quick it goes up and then packs away

My question is , are there any know issues with this model ??

Any feedback would be great
    Bloke I use to work with only ever fished single nights and day sessions he used to use a brolly system but when the Fox easy shelter came out he got one and says its the best thing he ever done he now takes a lot less gear and can pack up or move in no time he has fished in proper storms and says its faultless totally dry and very solid and of course one hell of a lot cheaper just saying
    Jesus loves you" is a nice gesture in church - but a terrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison

Elite (Bronze)

I managed to break the block on my Tempest brolly the other week. I fanned the legs out properly and aligned the legs, as I began to tension the bar the shoulder of the block where the hinge pin goes through broke off. Not ideal as it was hammering down and did so for 18 hours. Luckily my mate had a spare 50" brolly in the car. Trakker sent a new block foc straight away which I fitted(fiddly job)

Tempest Brolly is perfect upgrade to the Fox Evo ... i have both
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

But then the easy shelter could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanmofo View Post
    a gram lighter than an air
    I think it's more than that bud; 4.4 kg vs. 6 kg which although not massive is a weight worth saving. Given the choice I'd go for the brolly, can't see a point in going for the aquatex on an open front shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by yonny View Post
    I think it's more than that bud; 4.4 kg vs. 6 kg which although not massive is a weight worth saving. Given the choice I'd go for the brolly, can't see a point in going for the aquatex on an open front shelter.
    I'm assuming you have never had either? lol
    Get you some of that!

I've not fella, no.
    Been uming and aring about the brolly vs. the Lo Pro for ages. Have seen the air and it looks pukka but it's the weight that's most important to me so I ruled it out.
    Are you saying the website's wrong then?

If weight is the only issue then got for a brolly. I've had both and honestly couldn't see any difference. If you are after quantity and reliability go for and air..... and stay clear of a lo pro lol
    Get you some of that!

Thought so, cheers fella

Elite (Bronze)

great piece of kit, cant fault the tempest air, me and a load of guys on our syndy all use this
    All I want to do is do it ........ big girls big girls

Elite (Bronze)

Tempest air by far the bes bivvy I've ever owned and I be had every aqua bivvy and brolly in recent years as a comparison

Was fishing on the rivers with a friend in that ridiculous heat a fortnight ago. He had the Brolly up for two nights then we decided to move elsewhere. When he set the bivvy up again as he tried to lock it the plastic block just completely snapped without any strain on it at all. We came to the conclusion that the heat had weakened it. He phoned the tackle shop up he brought it from and they said it's quite a known issue with the plastic blocks and to phone trakker as they would send a new one out for a fiver.

Quote Originally Posted by granty View Post
    Was fishing on the rivers with a friend in that ridiculous heat a fortnight ago. He had the Brolly up for two nights then we decided to move elsewhere. When he set the bivvy up again as he tried to lock it the plastic block just completely snapped without any strain on it at all. We came to the conclusion that the heat had weakened it. He phoned the tackle shop up he brought it from and they said it's quite a known issue with the plastic blocks and to phone trakker as they would send a new one out for a fiver.
    Yep, this has happened to a few people i know as i stated above. The block is a ball ache to replace as well apparently lol
    Get you some of that!