Thread: Advanced Carp fishing

Default Advanced Carp fishing

Just found out the mag is no more such a shame as i found it one of the better ones out there.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

Elite (Bronze)

Is a shame for those that enjoyed it, I stopped buying them in 2010. Did very repetitive, best mag out is BC.

....Carpology are after a new editor. Hopefully Joe isn't leaving the magazine but taking more of a back seat so his influence will still be there.
    Tom Craven
    There's more to the future than meets the eye.

ACF wasn't my taste in reading material and it's sad whenever a concern folds for the people involved, but hopefully it's a sign the carp craze bubble is starting to deflate

More a symptom of the state of the magazine world in the age of the internet than a reflection on the carp bubble...

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
    More a symptom of the state of the magazine world in the age of the internet than a reflection on the carp bubble...
    You say that, and I would agree to a certain extent, but there's niche titles being launched all the time and certain parts of print media are thriving. Plus it was more a desperate hope than a realistic observation...

It's interesting that a recent report has stayed that online books and media is declining and sales of books are increasing again.
    They say that The Queens Dragoon Guards are the worlds most feared cavalry regiment, I tell them that they are right!!

I would have thought that any newcomer to our pastime would glean all they'd want to know (think they need to know) from YouTube and various company websites. Less instructional magazines aimed at the more experienced (old gits) probably have a more viable niche in the long term.
    Halcyon Pool Boreham Essex

Site Regular

A victim of the internet yes, but at the end of the day it was quality of the contributions that brought its downfall, the regular writers pieces were very poor, but when some of them can't even read and write is it any surprise.
    Carpology will go the same way if they don't listen to the readership. It's all about banging on about Fox, Mainline and a few others. So dull.

Site Regular

every single one of them are just one big plug for the tackle companies !

Site Regular

I only buy mags when i want something to read on a plane and whilst on holiday

Site Connoisseur

I hadn't brought advanced carp for years. It went through a stage where it was enjoyable but lately it was awful. All magazines rely too much on sponsors. I'd happily read articles that have no mention of tackle or bait companies in it.

What you need to remember is that a vast amount of the instant carpers created over the last 10 years have difficulty reading, perhaps a magazine that was purely adverts and pictures would of been more successful.
    Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

I think ology is streets ahead of anything around. I gave up mags for well over 8 years, picked up and ology a year or so back and have subscribed since. Subscription offers are good and so is 70% of the content usually. That's not including the adds of which there are many but I guess that's what keeps it in existance. Hope the new editorial team aren't from an competitor, that will be the start of the decline.
    Maybe its because i'm a londoner Š

Quote Originally Posted by Edna Birch View Post
    What you need to remember is that a vast amount of the instant carpers created over the last 10 years have difficulty reading, perhaps a magazine that was purely adverts and pictures would of been more successful.
    So true
    Fisherman, Metal Detectorist, Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Edna Birch View Post
    Absolutely!

I stopped buying mags years ago, the majority are littered with adds, or they're full of the same repetetive articles and write ups.
    The older i get, the more apparent it becomes.

Frequent User

When companies don't move with the times this is what happens i'm afraid i would rather read a Forum every time than a magazine full of adverts and product placements.